Array

School
    Nomad

Sanity Maintenance During Recovery

Good afternoon all,

Firstly, I apologise if there is a sticky or comprehensive thread already dealing with this topic (please send the link if so!).

After recently obliterating a ligament in my knee I'm unable to roll, drill, or do yoga. My knee stability isn't great as it stands which doesn't even allow me to stretch (besides maybe 2 hamstring stretches).

I'm wondering what others have done through injury to stop themselves going completely off the deep end? Studying tape and reading up on technique are still parts of my daily regimen but I fear I'm still losing my mind!

Any help and suggestions would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks,

Treece

Array

School
    Grove City BJJ Academy
    I had a pretty serious knee injury last year that required me to take 3 months off; I still went to class once a week. I watched what they were studying, would take notes and try to pay attention to what was going on. I'd talk with my training partners, laugh with them and then as I felt comfortable, started to roll with the guys I trusted so I could ease into it and see how my knee felt.

Array

School
    breathmindphysineurology-awareness
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrice Fleming View Post
    Good afternoon all,

Firstly, I apologise if there is a sticky or comprehensive thread already dealing with this topic (please send the link if so!).

After recently obliterating a ligament in my knee I'm unable to roll, drill, or do yoga. My knee stability isn't great as it stands which doesn't even allow me to stretch (besides maybe 2 hamstring stretches).

I'm wondering what others have done through injury to stop themselves going completely off the deep end? Studying tape and reading up on technique are still parts of my daily regimen but I fear I'm still losing my mind!

Any help and suggestions would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks,

Treece
    Range of motion exercises, done very gently. If you hold your knee at 90 deg angle, this allows for the most range of movement of the tibia & fibula - oval shaped rotations in both directions are good for the knee ligaments (and ankles, too)

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Unfortunately injuries and extended periods of time off for recovery are part of the game, but fortunately time flies. You’ll be back on the mats before you know it
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie