Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heel hooks

Quote Originally Posted by Keith D View Post
    not sure how to embed.. but here is a video with Eddie Cummings hitting the nail on the head when it comes to heel hooks.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith D View Post
    not sure how to embed.. but here is a video with Eddie Cummings hitting the nail on the head when it comes to heel hooks.

Hit the film button on the top right of the reply screen and then paste it onto the address bar.

theirs a million extremely painful leglocks YOU HAVE TO LEARN. For example to ankle crush when people cross their feet from back mount.

The best techniques in any sport are the illegal ones.

I love how Eddie stresses learning exactly where the tap is.

Its almost like when leg lock popularity really started steamrolling there were white belts who were learning more about them than black belts and this brought ego into it. I get the feeling higher level belts did not want to tap and this probably caused lots of injury and contributed even more to the fear and mysticism. Educate. Educate. Educate.

Array

School
    10th planet Ronin, Choi institute.
    One thing that makes heel hooks more dangerous than other submissions is that they don't hurt/feel harmless until it's too late. I' ll go for heel hooks while rolling but always let go if the other guy does not recognize the tap, then I'll just switch to an ankle lock for the tap.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    If heel hooks were as dangerous as some people say then people would be getting knee surgeries all the time at Hq. But that’s simply not the case. Knee surgeries from heel hooks are rare at HQ
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    heel hooks hurt super bad. if they don't, the technique is way off.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    heel hooks hurt super bad. if they don't, the technique is way off.
    They only hurt super bad if you don’t tap when you should’ve Or the person who’s applying them deliberately over cranks it or he over cranks it on accident. My top leg lockers tap people all the time and generally no one’s screaming from the pain
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th planet Ronin, Choi institute.
    Maybe it's a question of poor technique application, but I have had multiple injuries from heal hooks and none from a kimura; and such is the trend I have been seeing. From my experience, the pain leading to the kimura tap is gradual, leaving me plenty of time to tap before a busted shoulder. The knee however was built/evolved for a more limited range of motion. In a heel hook injury, I feel no pain until something has snapped.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12