Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions

Question for 10th Planet guys who have been around a while...

I was looking around for some of Jason Mallory's techniques (I think he trained at HQ from 2007-2008) on the internet and they are nowhere to be found. He used to have a website called No-Gigrappling.com and it is down. He also had an interesting triangle set up I believe was called The Master Blaster and I wanted to look at it again for reference. I cannot remember if he set it up from New York, London, or with just an overhook. Also, if the technique has evolved and the name has changed, I would be interested in knowing. Thank you.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    I guess I left out the question(s)? What happened to his stuff? Does anyone have access to his Master Blaster breakdown? Is there an updated 10th Planet version of the Master Blaster? If so, what is it called?

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    You can search the archives for it but I didn't find anything by that name. Lots of stuff on the puppet master (not positive how sure you are about the name of the technique you're looking for).
    Way Back Machine has the site archived for a few years worth.
    Good Luck. If you find it, post it here. I'm curious.
    CLICK THIS LINK
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    You a bad mutha fucka Chris

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    I am all but positive the name is the Master Blaster. I think it is an overhook in closed guard with the opponent's free arm being locked up with a reverse kimura. The reverse kimura is then pushed inward making him vulnerable for a triangle. What I am not sure is how he sets up the overhook, but I think it is from New York. I checked the archive and I didn't find it. I think my sensei might remember it though so I might ask him if I can record him demoing it the next time I see him.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Now that I am thinking about it, maybe it was an arm drag instead of a reverse kimura.

Array

School
    TxState Kajukenbo
    Thanks for the trip down nostalgia lane. I feel like the forums were so much more active back in the day. I remember all the debates over the puppet master series. I was into speed cubing at the time so I was desperate to make the Rubix Cube fit into my game. No-gi-grappling.com is still my second most missed website (Lockflow.com is the first). C'est la vie. I'm pretty sure one of the following is what you are looking for.

Array

School
    TxState Kajukenbo

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Watkins View Post
    I am all but positive the name is the Master Blaster. I think it is an overhook in closed guard with the opponent's free arm being locked up with a reverse kimura. The reverse kimura is then pushed inward making him vulnerable for a triangle. What I am not sure is how he sets up the overhook, but I think it is from New York. I checked the archive and I didn't find it. I think my sensei might remember it though so I might ask him if I can record him demoing it the next time I see him.
    Reverse kimuras are a super legit option from closed guard, especially against guys who deny you the overhook by pressing on your ribs. You get sort-of an invisible overhook (overlooking without the zombie basically), then you grab your own wrist with the overhooking arm and hook your opponents wrist. If you twist your body and push the wrist in then you've got a nice setup for an arm drag to the back, barataplata, or whatever this thing is:

http://youtube.com/watch?t=181s&v=8eIZSsxG30g

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian "Darkside" Gomez View Post
    Thanks for the trip down nostalgia lane. I feel like the forums were so much more active back in the day. I remember all the debates over the puppet master series. I was into speed cubing at the time so I was desperate to make the Rubix Cube fit into my game. No-gi-grappling.com is still my second most missed website (Lockflow.com is the first). C'est la vie. I'm pretty sure one of the following is what you are looking for.

That's it! It wasn't a reverse kimura but a double wrist grip. Thank you!

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Guillotine View Post
    Reverse kimuras are a super legit option from closed guard, especially against guys who deny you the overhook by pressing on your ribs. You get sort-of an invisible overhook (overlooking without the zombie basically), then you grab your own wrist with the overhooking arm and hook your opponents wrist. If you twist your body and push the wrist in then you've got a nice setup for an arm drag to the back, barataplata, or whatever this thing is:

http://youtube.com/watch?t=181s&v=8eIZSsxG30g
    Reverse kimuras are definitely legit. This Muriplata looks like a variation of The Duda (one of my favorite 10th Planet Techniques). I have been working on refining a reverse kimura setup, finish, and combo into a bicep slicer from top side control. I also understand Budo Jake is releasing a DVD soon on the reverse kimura and I might be dropping dollars on a DVD for the first time in a long time. https://www.budovideos.com/products/...d-by-budo-jake

PS: I am embedding the muriplata video for you. http://youtube.com/watch?t=181s&v=8eIZSsxG30g

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast