Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Becoming an Instructor

What do you recommend to a person who wants to make a living by BJJ not as a competitor but as an instructor? What is the fastest way to get that techniques,curriculum,social skills and EQ? What is the fastest way to get the black belt also?(please no “buy on amazon” jokes)

gracie baha

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    There is no "fastest" way to black belt, other than buying it. If you want to be legit, you earn the shit out of it.

Of course there is. It is up to work plan and curriculum. Even spending one less year as a student means a lot of money to me.

Array

School
    Steel City MMA
    If becoming an instructor as soon as possible is your goal, the best option that I can think of is this: http://www.gracieacademy.com/instruc...tification.asp

It will take some time (obviously less if you study and train hardcore) to learn everything perfectly, but it is much faster than training conventionally and waiting for your black belt before trying to become an instructor.

I know that Rener and Ryron are a divisive topic in BJJ, but I recently had the opportunity to train with Rener for eight hours and I can tell you that his knowledge, love for jitz, and personality are infectious, and make you want to train with him as much as possible.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hickman View Post
    There is no "fastest" way to black belt, other than buying it. If you want to be legit, you earn the shit out of it.
    This

That said, their are affiliates that are headed by brown belts and some instructors will have nights were a purple belt will lead the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Perry View Post
    This

That said, their are affiliates that are headed by brown belts and some instructors will have nights were a purple belt will lead the class.
    I feel like at least half of 10P moons were opened by purple belts.

If 10P is your path, I would master the warm-ups.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    1. Get a Black belt before you open if possible. It will decrease the amount of time you spend unprofitable when you open most likely and decrease your chance of failure.
    2. Realize many people that run a gym also work a full time job and your gym might not even turn a profit for the first year or so or longer if your opening on your own. And its hard to get full time compensation teaching for someone else unless your super elite or get real lucky. Certainly no one was going to pay me something livable in my area and when I opened up I wasn't profitable for the first two years.

Knowing that you really would prefer to be a black belt first, or at least that you want to improve your skill a large amount, anything that helps you get better faster helps with this. So basically put in more time. More privates, travel for training compete a TON, those things will help you get better faster.

Hope some of that helps, and know that as your tripling down trying to improve people will see that and you might develop connections that will help you succeed in the future.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Debes brackish watered the correct
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    I started as a blue belt and I’m thriving
    Work your fucking ass off. If you want it you can have it.
    LIKE 10th Planet Grants Pass on Facebook!!
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast