Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No-Gi Judo

No-Gi Judo

Hi there Judo fans, I am interested in exploring this martial art as it is one of the few I have not already added to my game. I have a few questions.

Are there any major Judo players known for No-Gi or MMA techniques specifically the same way Eddie is known for No-Gi BJJ?

Im not interested in putting on a Gi and visiting a Judo gym but if someone could recommend some videos or materials for basic No-Gi Judo techniques I would greatly appreciate it. (Is there even a culture of No-Gi Judo?)

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Gokor Chivichyan, Karo Parisyan, Dave Camarillo, Rhadi Ferguson and Shinya Aoki all have stuff that is either No-Gi or it transfers over to No-Gi without much issue. I don't think there is much of a culture of No-Gi Judo, but many of the throws when transferred over are wrestling moves or slightly modified wrestling moves. Personally, I think the easiest Tachi-wazi techniques for a Jiu Jitsuka to learn first are sacrifice throws.

Array

School
    Sportschule Kaminari, future 10th Planet Düsseldorf
    Ronda Rousey is also known for her Judo Throws in MMA. There are certain moves that transfer pretty good, others don't. Many of the sacrifice thows won't work in MMA or Nogi JJ because it's necessary to pull the sleeves. I'f you want I can film the Throws in the Gokyu which transfer to NoGi JJ.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Some do:

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions

This one is a wrestling variation because I could not find a Judo variation where one does not grab the sleeve.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    There should be a NoGi Judo sport. It would prepare aspiring Mma fighters in the best possible way, in regards to takedowns. Combine the best parts of Wrestling, takedowns using clinching, with the best parts of judo, the submissions.
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast