Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    That entire set is GOLD, man. He has 4 DVDs on the Omoplata and Monoplata that changed the game for me.
    I was more interested in the Guillotine and Crucifix volumes considering all the people he has tooled using the Guillotine and Crucifix, but I will keep that in mind if I ever drop the money on New Game.

I regularly get this from the crucifix. If I hook the arm with my open leg and my opponent doesn't tuck his elbow then I will immediately try to insert a sort-of twister hook with my inside leg, at which point the roll into reverse omo is an automatic sub. The only other spot I've gotten it with any predictability is when countering an over/under pass by posting on the underhooking shoulder and bridging my hips sideways-- if my opponent is stubborn about holding on to the over/under then I can usually overrotate and bring that 'twister hook' in for the reverse omo.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    I almost forgot you can set it up from the half guard and reversing the double under pass in the gi, but it is probably super low likelihood to set it up from wrist control No gi. Marcello Monteiro shows the half guard setup at about 50 seconds here.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Sorry, completely missed this thread. I set it up primarily from the turtle, as I learned it in Sambo. However I do also hit it from defending the double under pass. You really have to be ready for the pass and expect it coming. I essentialy shoot in butterlfies with my legs before they can elevate me hips, The I hook one of their elbows from the outside coming in, then come up to the back side position with my leg all ready threaded into their arm, then roll over the shoulder, block their head/upper body and sit up into the submission.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Sorry, completely missed this thread. I set it up primarily from the turtle, as I learned it in Sambo. However I do also hit it from defending the double under pass. You really have to be ready for the pass and expect it coming. I essentialy shoot in butterlfies with my legs before they can elevate me hips, The I hook one of their elbows from the outside coming in, then come up to the back side position with my leg all ready threaded into their arm, then roll over the shoulder, block their head/upper body and sit up into the submission.
    That would make for a tighter NoGi counter to the double under than what I was thinking. Nice.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Craziest reverse omoplata setup I have ever seen though I guess since he uses his hands it is not completely a reverse omoplata...

Array

School
    AFS Academy/10th Planet Richmond, Richmond, Ky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Watkins View Post
    Craziest reverse omoplata setup I have ever seen though I guess since he uses his hands it is not completely a reverse omoplata...
    Look up Ginger Snap. We just spent a week or so on attacking from bottom side.

Array

School
    Indianapolis, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Meek View Post
    Fun fact: the banner in the background is the same size banner he has currently!
    LMAO! I thought the one he has now is a little smaller. lol

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Elliott View Post
    Look up Ginger Snap. We just spent a week or so on attacking from bottom side.
    Is the ginger snap the armbar or is the whole positional flow of submissions the ginger snap?

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Damn. That’s another flame thrower from side control. Putting that and the fly trap in your game will make your opponents think twice about passing your guard
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast