Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix

Starting 10th planet

Hey guys and gals,

After a really long time and not having any 10th planet affiliations I finally moved and found one! My question is I'm currently a blue belt in the Gi. Do I need to start over in this new system ?

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ
    I would start over and leave it to the discretion of the instructor on whether to give you the blue belt right away.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Siriphongs View Post
    I would start over and leave it to the discretion of the instructor on whether to give you the blue belt right away.
    This is generally how it's done. The learning curve naturally won't be as steep however there's a lot of new terminology and flows to understand. My understanding is that 10th planet generally (emphasis on generally since everything is case by case) respect a level below your gi rank, so if you came in with a brown belt they'd immediately honor you as a purple, black would be brown, or if you were a purple they'd see you as a blue. Def bring it up if you're there for the long hall more as an administrative inquiry then immediately after, fuhgettaboutit and train

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix
    Awesome thanks for the input guys! Oss

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I think most instructors will recognize a blue belt from other organizations. Unless you are complete garbage there's really no reason to call yourself a white belt just because you shed the gi. I would simply talk to the instructor and let them know your training experience and who awarded you your blue belt and then respect whatever they decide as far as where you rank. But honestly it doesn't matter. Your rank will always show on the mats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    You a bad mutha fucka Chris

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ludington View Post
    I think most instructors will recognize a blue belt from other organizations. Unless you are complete garbage there's really no reason to call yourself a white belt just because you shed the gi. I would simply talk to the instructor and let them know your training experience and who awarded you your blue belt and then respect whatever they decide as far as where you rank. But honestly it doesn't matter. Your rank will always show on the mats.
    Agree
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Chris nailed it
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie