Array

School
    Guardian MMA Murfreesboro, Tn

Why no 10P affiliations in Brazil?

Has nobody tried it yet? would it not do well?

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Gabriel Santos is a black Belt in São Paulo, his school isn’t 10p officially but he’s a twister and rubber guard master. When he was 15 he stayed with Jean Jacques one summer and I took him under my wing. Other than that, there’s zero 10p in Brazil that I know of.
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Guardian MMA Murfreesboro, Tn
    Any particular reason? Do Brazilians not like the 10P system or they just prefer gi more?

Array

School
    Revolution Combat Sports
    Are you kidding, bro? For about 10yrs Eddie was public enemy #1 after tapping Royler IN Brazil annnnd writing multiple books about how unimportant the Gi is! LOL! �� It’s only been the past few years that it’s been civil but I think it’ll be a few more years before a 10p school can open in Brazil & not get lynched. ����

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Brazil already has Luta Livre. Adding another nogi submisson grappling style would probably saturate the market.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Renato Laranja is the only Brazilian that genuinely dislikes me.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wallace View Post
    Are you kidding, bro? For about 10yrs Eddie was public enemy #1 after tapping Royler IN Brazil annnnd writing multiple books about how unimportant the Gi is! LOL! 😂 It’s only been the past few years that it’s been civil but I think it’ll be a few more years before a 10p school can open in Brazil & not get lynched. 🤙🏻
    I think this is mostly hype now a days. A few years ago I lived and trained in Brazil for awhile. 10thp patches on a gi I barely knew how to use and I was met with nothing bu love and respect. I was there during Eddies rematch with Royler and before during and after everyone there had respect for Eddie and on the low most picked him to win it. Maybe there used to be hate, but now a days it is way more than just civil. Face to face nobody had anything bad to say across all the gyms I visited. It is only on the internet I have ever seen animosity towards Eddie or 10P.

Additionally seeing as to how there aren't really that many brazilian 10thp blackbelts it would be difficult for any non brazilian to open any sort of bjj gym in a what is a pretty nationalistic and proud country.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gibbs View Post
    I think this is mostly hype now a days. A few years ago I lived and trained in Brazil for awhile. 10thp patches on a gi I barely knew how to use and I was met with nothing bu love and respect. I was there during Eddies rematch with Royler and before during and after everyone there had respect for Eddie and on the low most picked him to win it. Maybe there used to be hate, but now a days it is way more than just civil. Face to face nobody had anything bad to say across all the gyms I visited. It is only on the internet I have ever seen animosity towards Eddie or 10P.

Additionally seeing as to how there aren't really that many brazilian 10thp blackbelts it would be difficult for any non brazilian to open any sort of bjj gym in a what is a pretty nationalistic and proud country.
    That’s really nice to know

Array

School
    10th Planet London
    Same thing here in Portugal. Even though everyone wears the gi like a religious gown, I get jealous eyes whenever they notice my 10p London rashguard underneath. Loads of brazilian blackbelts, they admit that Eddie has a different world view from the IBJJF status quo, but he's really really respected.