Zone 1 Full Guard

Ii don’t know the name but in Gracie Combatives it is called stage or zone 1 full guard. When you fully postured him down and his head on your low belly, and you put your both of your hands on his back head.
    In this position it is easier to play rubber guard or gi overhooks.
    There is no punches in grappling so in top fulll Guard people postures up with no rush of engage, and doesn’t give their head down easily. How can I get the position?

simply... what is the “Whip Up” of the close guard?

Array

School
    Westchester Fight Club
    I don't have an amazing success rate from that position either, but I try to get inside grips (usually collar ties) and figure 4 my arms around their neck. It's called the non stop, I learned it from reading mastering the rubber guard. I'm very curious to see how more experienced rubber guard players break posture.

Array

School
    10th Planet Santa Barbara
    Quote Originally Posted by the Lich Samurai View Post
    Ii don’t know the name but in Gracie Combatives it is called stage or zone 1 full guard. When you fully postured him down and his head on your low belly, and you put your both of your hands on his back head.
    In this position it is easier to play rubber guard or gi overhooks.
    There is no punches in grappling so in top fulll Guard people postures up with no rush of engage, and doesn’t give their head down easily. How can I get the position?

simply... what is the “Whip Up” of the close guard?
    1. Flair opponents elbow: With opponent fully postured, grab both elbows. Opponent will have to apply preasure with hands in order to stand. In which case, peeling the elbows open will make them collapse.

2. Bring knees to chest: As opponent collapses bring knees to chest, to fully break posture.

The flairing of the elbows gets rid of the frame and the pulling of the knees to chest breaks down the posture.

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    if you could stop their posture you would...

Thanks mate. Will work on it