Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham / Banbury uk

Kimura Trap System help

Wondering if anyone has any recommendations on Kimura trap instructionals or the people I should research who are the kings of it?

cheers
    Gavin

the best instructionals on it that I've seen are Vagner Rocha's set called "50/50 of the Arms" and Ryan Hall's set called "The Open Elbow"

There's a great free seminar online by Island Top Team on the kimura position.

For people to watch that are very good at it...within the 10th Planet system I would advise watching Geo Martinez. Nate Orchard is good at it also.

In the rest of the NoGi community I would advise watching in no particular order Gordon Ryan, Andre Galvao, Keenan Cornelius, Cobrinha, Rafa Mendes, Vagner Rocha, Garry Tonon, Bill 'The Grill' Cooper.

In MMA watch Sakuraba's old fights.

The least effective thing about it is the kimura submission hold. The position is the most powerful grip in no-gi jiu-jitsu and it keeps them stuck in place so you can move around them for sweeps, passes, back takes, or transitions to armbars, triangles, reverse triangles, inverted triangles, shoulder locks, wrist locks, etc.

Once you really get dialed in on the control then once you get a kimura grip you basically have ended the match. If you're into sub-only it's a position that you have to get good at. In sub-only with no gi you rarely see people finished outside of 4 major spots:

1. the kimura control

2. back control

3. front headlock control (guillotines, darces, japanese neckties, etc.)

4. leg control (ashi garami, D.O.A., honey hole, etc.)

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham / Banbury uk
    Amazing - thanks, looks like I have some work to do!!

Mick Broster was showing me some of the back control details (using it instead of seat belt) and it really turned me on to it!

Thanks again bud

Vagner Rocha 50/50 of the Arms for sure

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    50/50 Of The arms?!? Nice, I like that, makes sense
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    50/50 Of The arms?!? Nice, I like that, makes sense
    Eddie, are you familiar with Edwin Najmi (top Romulo Barral student, teammate of Felipe Pena)? He has a great instructional on The Truck called "Back Takes and More Back Takes;" shows a lot of ways to get to The Truck off different guard passes, especially de la Riva and reverse de la riva:

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Guillotine View Post
    Eddie, are you familiar with Edwin Najmi (top Romulo Barral student, teammate of Felipe Pena)? He has a great instructional on The Truck called "Back Takes and More Back Takes;" shows a lot of ways to get to The Truck off different guard passes, especially de la Riva and reverse de la riva:

https://vimeo.com/192257391

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    David Avellan has a great Kimura trap system. He came to 10p bethlehem for a seminar and dropped some serious science. Look him up or try to make it out to one of his seminars, you won’t regret it.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Rjjonline has some amazing kimura trap stuff. Check it out.

https://www.rjjonline.com

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Guillotine View Post

Edwin is insane with technique
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast