Where to start? (Gi BJJ Practioner)

Hey 10th Planet JJ Family! My girlfriend recently got me into the site for a christmas gift because she knew how much I loved Eddie's approach to JJ. Well that and my love for colourful rashguards.

I've been training BJJ for a year and a half now in Istanbul. Trained Gi almost all the time and even though I know some Half-Guard Lockdown or Rubber Guard stuff, I never looked into them as a whole, as a plan. And when I checked the 10th Planet Technique Guide list, I was like what is a Invisible Crackhead? What are the fundementals of the Zombie? Guess youtubing can get you so far.

Where do I start for having a solid base for 10th planet stuff and terminology?

CB

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    The books are a great resource for learning the terminology. Mastering the Rubber Guard, Advanced Rubber Guard, and Mastering the Twister are like your college textbooks. Watching Mastering the System will keep you up to date with the developments of the system. Most everything that has been taught at HQ are within the archives. Obviously the warmups are a great place to start. More than anything, I would recommend becoming a fanatic about a move or a particular set of moves, watch and read about it over and over, obsess over catching it in rolls, lose sleep over it, learn everything about it under the sun that you can get your hands on, and continue from there. The best general advice I can give that's worked for me is to plain and simple become a fanatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Arman Fathi View Post
    The books are a great resource for learning the terminology. Mastering the Rubber Guard, Advanced Rubber Guard, and Mastering the Twister are like your college textbooks. Watching Mastering the System will keep you up to date with the developments of the system. Most everything that has been taught at HQ are within the archives. Obviously the warmups are a great place to start. More than anything, I would recommend becoming a fanatic about a move or a particular set of moves, watch and read about it over and over, obsess over catching it in rolls, lose sleep over it, learn everything about it under the sun that you can get your hands on, and continue from there. The best general advice I can give that's worked for me is to plain and simple become a fanatic.
    How can I get a hold of the books for the terminology?

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Pick one part and focus on it. I would pick rubber guard. Study Jeremiah Vance and Ben eddy. Having a guard like theirs makes your opponent hesitant and fearful of getting caught in your guard
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie