Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Gracie Palm Harbor (purple in regular BJJ)

Array

School
    Grove City BJJ Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorWolf View Post
    "THE TRUTH HURTS" is my motto. Im not gunna sugar-coat shit. Take it or leave it.
    I think you're too close to the situation to actually make a fair judgement on the entire situation, your bias and loyalty towards your instructor is clouding your judgement (and understandably so). Because in all honesty, a lot of what you are saying applies to Karen just as much, if not even more so, in this situation. She was the one that initially started complaining about her property (the video from the glover seminar); which was already a public entity that was made available on youtube (again referring to your post about if you are being butt-hurt about your material it should be on your own website, which her's was not)

I think another psychological concept you should try to focus on is Self-Reflective Awareness, which is actually considered the hardest concept to truly grasp and in theory is impossible to truly master (It's a catch 22 type of situation, if you truly have mastered SRA, then your mastery would actually point out your flaws in your understanding preventing you from thinking that you have actually mastered it; totally not relevant to this discussion, but it's a theory that I find interesting). I find SRA to be a super interesting concept, because it's endless, you can always evaluate and nit pick yourself, you can find the weakness in your own armor and fix them, SRA makes the whole world better whereas other psychological concepts are really just putting other people down for their own flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Watkins View Post
    I am not positive, but I think BJJ Scout had a great deal of his/her uploaded material wiped off the internet and I think much of it was lost forever so I also think he/she takes it as more than a slight to have that material fucked with, but hopefully none of this escalates because I am personally a fan of BJJ Scout's uploads.
    This is precisely the case. BJJ Scout repeatedly had to deal with his channel removed from YouTube because of fair use of UFC footage in his studies. For anybody who doesn't follow him, his work has been invaluable to the BJJ community, including his study of Boogey and Geo's use of the Japanese Necktie. I think the point he was making in his video is that we are all in this together because the major platforms will default to the side of corporations over everyday users no matter what. So, flagging each other is not only counterproductive, it insults people like BJJ Scout who have released an immense amount of valuable content for little or no compensation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12