Tightening My Dominant Positions

What can you reccommend to a person who wants to make his dominant positions much harder to escape?

Array

School
    10th Planet Austin
    Repetition Repetition Repetition Repetition
    http://www.phalanxfc.com[/url]
    submissionchallenge.com/
    Savage Essentials Homemade Soaps

What should I repeat? Don’t get it. Is there a drill or something about that?

Array

School
    10th Planet Austin
    Quote Originally Posted by the Lich Samurai View Post
    What should I repeat? Don’t get it. Is there a drill or something about that?
    The positions you want to get better in, start live drills in those positions. Time & Reps, it's not gonna happen overnight.
    http://www.phalanxfc.com[/url]
    submissionchallenge.com/
    Savage Essentials Homemade Soaps

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Hopefully this advice is not too abstract. If you have in mind just to hold one dominant position, it will be more difficult than applying the appropriate transition or counter when your opponent attempts to escape. This does not mean you cannot maintain a dominant position. It just may not be the one you have in mind. Once you figure out how to chain your dominant positions together and apply high pressure redirection when your opponent attempts to escape, I think you will achieve what you are asking for here.

Array

School
    Grove City BJJ Academy
    Ryan Hall talked about it on a podcast once, he said that focused repetitions are the key, you want to focus on how people are escaping that position and eliminate it. For example, if you're working half guard and people are getting through it with a back step pass, focus on shutting down that back step. Everything has a counter, find an attack to their counter and drill the heck out of it to the point where people think "Oh crap, if I back step here I'm getting swept for sure." Shut down every path one by one until there are no paths for them left.

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ
    I was always told to sharpen your A game on higher belts and experiment with new stuff on lower belts.

Thanks a lot everyone

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Live drill side control, mount, back and spider web. It’s all about the time you put in
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie