Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLucca View Post
    Honestly, don't worry about belts. A belt doesn't verify your skill. At best, it's a very vague representation. A good example is to train with your local black belt then train with Geo. They're both black belts right? You'd be shocked to see the worlds of difference. I mean, look at Nicky Ryan or Grace Gundrum.

I agree with this. What is a belt? Just show your skill on the mat. That is where the real belt color exists.

Array

School
    Revolution Combat Sports
    A belt still verifies your skill in 10p; that’s why people want them so bad! LOL! Can’t say that about many schools or systems anymore. I’ve never met a “gifted” Belt in 10p yet :-)

Array

School
    South Africa
    Quote Originally Posted by mharvest View Post
    Very difficult for residents in Hawaii. Seminars are rare. No school On the islands as of yet
    You think you've got problems XD. We don't have a 10th Planet on our continent...Nearest one to me is in Switzerland, which is a casual 13,000km away lol

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie Goldberg View Post
    Is it possible to be ranked in the 10thP system without having access to a school?
    I think anyone here would agree that some training is better than no training. Do not fall into the trap of not regularly training at a school that works with your situation just cuz it's not a 10th planet. You're going to develop if you train. 10th planet won't be going anywhere. Many of the 10th planet specific moves and concepts have become very much ubiquitous throughout the jiu jitsu community. You can always build your skills elsewhere until you have a situation where you can train at a 10p regularly. It will benefit you in the long run to train wherever you can in order to have a solid platform to jump off from when you do have a 10th planet near you. The knowledge and application of jiu jitsu skills is the most important thing in the long run. Rank and things like that will follow in due course.

Array

School
    No school at the moment
    Awesome advice. Thank you. Awesome suggestion.

Array

School
    No school at the moment
    That is the funniest thing I ever heard. I guess I grew up super old school. I love even tying my bath robe.

Array

School
    No school at the moment
    Absolutely, that is the goal and idea. Thank you for the reply.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12