Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    essential jiu jitsu
    i believe you are talking about the fly trap submission hit by Jeremiah Vance? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkuDDwAk5X0&t=46s

at 1;15 is when he starts the choke, but i only know the name and im not aware of any details on how to specifically do it

Array

School
    Husaria Naas
    GUYS!! He's talking about Vance's FLYTRAP. I do it a lot with the same limbs on described side

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Greyson Holmes started doing this and we were calling it the rubber ducky LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    You a bad mutha fucka Chris

Array

School
    Steel City MMA
    Public Service Announcement: Remove your framing arm from the triangle before you put any hips into it, and use it to go 2-on-1 on the shoulder instead. The way Jeremiah Vance finished this technique in the opening sequence of the video that OP linked shows the arm still inside of the triangle, but this places your bicep in extreme danger. Doing this technique with my arm still in the triangle tore my left distal bicep tendon clean off of my radius, which resulted in surgery, seven weeks in a cast, tremendous muscle atrophy, loss of mobility in my arm and wrist, four months of not being able to go to work, and it looks like about a year of not being able to train using both of my arms confidently.

TLDR: Take the arm out of the triangle or you'll wreck yourself.

Array

School
    CDK Paris
    I dont understand what, in this technique, is dangerous for the bicep ?
    Renaud
    Instagram : @renaudcdk10

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladi The African Tiger View Post
    Yea fly trap. Here's a different variation I saw. Same setup but triangle with the other leg. Submitted Marcelo Garcia
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmLjCMj6szI
    Marcelo did not look happy after that. lol

Array

School
    Steel City MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaud Loiseau View Post
    I dont understand what, in this technique, is dangerous for the bicep ?
    If your arm stays in, essentially in a mission control grip, your legs are forcing your arm to extend while your arm is loaded up with tension. Another easy fix is just to grab that ankle with an overhand grip instead.

Array

School
    CDK Paris
    Ok I understand but with an overhand grip there is not pressure on the neck To submit the guy I think
    Renaud
    Instagram : @renaudcdk10

Array

School
    Steel City MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaud Loiseau View Post
    Ok I understand but with an overhand grip there is not pressure on the neck To submit the guy I think
    So then it's up to you to decide between having choking pressure or saving your arm from a year of rehab. Even in this video where Jeremiah executes it perfectly, you can see the gradual extension of the right arm which is playing with fire. https://youtu.be/MkuDDwAk5X0?t=73

I can't find the video anymore, but I am quite certain that the instructional I saw on this a ways back was emphasizing that it is a neck crank, with both hands hugging the shoulder, and therefore doesn't require the framing arm. I could be mistaken, though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123