Thread: toehold queston

toehold queston

good technique if you are weird/wrong position.

Seems like very uncommon in bjj and popular in catch wrestling maybe because bjj is position before submission and catch wrestling is about fucking the other guy up as much as you possible with your strength.

Seems like i can hit the toehold really well just wait till you see the top of the holds regardless of position. I train in a gym where most ppl where wrestling shoes

Array

School
    Infinity Martial Arts
    What was the question? Toe holds are not generally high percentage unless you are in a position to control both legs. They are horrible in mma in general but some people have won big time fights with last ditch toe holds. (Frank Mir and some guy who beat Anderson Silva I think) but generally they are going to lose your position.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Toe holds are mad legit. As legit as calf cranks and straight ankle locks. Depends on how much quality time you’ve put in. I use for holds to advance position, into t- pass especially as in warm up g3
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Infinity Martial Arts
    https://youtu.be/P7ua1JeOpQ4

Something I made yesterday.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Toe Holds are scarier than heel hooks to me. My little baby ankles can't handle. I would just start crying if you locked one on.

I feel like that are pretty commonly attempted, but they aren't finished as much because people generally fly into them and use really poor positioning.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    I agree with this guy ^^^
    Head Instructor - 10th Planet Springfield MA
    LIKE 10th Planet Springfield MA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/10pSpringfieldMA
    Follow us on Instagram: @10pSpringfieldMA
    www.10thplanetspringfieldma.com

Array

School
    10P Ronin
    I use it to "scare" people to get out of sticky situations, lols! it works! and sometimes when stuck in positions where I can see that foot, i'll just go "screw it, i'm grabbing that toe hold"

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Wu View Post
    I use it to "scare" people to get out of sticky situations, lols! it works! and sometimes when stuck in positions where I can see that foot, i'll just go "screw it, i'm grabbing that toe hold"
    Exactly

Toe holds in mma suck because those wrestling shoes are not there to grab.