Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How did JiuJitsu changed your life?

I am very interested in to hear your stories. Can you please share with me?

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    I now handle the steering wheel of my car with a thumbless grip.

Array

School
    Ronin
    It’s the only thing I have done consistently for 14 years. My progress has been slow being a Ronin in the Army moving around a lot. But when I come consider my life, the thing that gives me the most joy is Jiu-Jitsu.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Jiu Jitsu got me on Fight companion
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Open Mat
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Jiu Jitsu got me on Fight companion
    Hope to see you soon again master Eddie , with the newest conspiracy buletten.
    We live on a bowl.

"this isn't bread crumbs and horseshit" - AJ

"Come out, come out, pu$$y you can't hide from a war" - 50 cent

Array

School
    Open Mat
    I do listen to tin foil hat too tho , Sam is dropping some great info the last 5 episodes.
    We live on a bowl.

"this isn't bread crumbs and horseshit" - AJ

"Come out, come out, pu$$y you can't hide from a war" - 50 cent

Array

School
    10th Planet London
    Quote Originally Posted by the Lich Samurai View Post
    I am very interested in to hear your stories. Can you please share with me?
    I had a parrot that passed away last year. My life basically revolved around looking after him. For some people an animal is just an animal, but without sounding like an asshole, I would choose my little bird over most human beings. He was my best friend. I started jiujitsu two months after he passed in October 17' and it's gone some way towards filling the hole that was in my life. These days I'm happiest when I'm on the mats, learning, drilling and rolling.

My life now revolves around JJ. I've arranged my work schedule so I can train more regularly. Everyone in my social circle now knows they need to ask me if I'm going to JJ before inviting me to a social event.

Aside from that, I think my confidence and my ego have had a massive transformation. I've only been training 10P since November (done about a month of training with a purple belt I knew two times a week).

I've never been a confrontational person but I feel nowadays when something happens that may compromise my safety (my work enviroment can be quite hostile at times), I'm more ready and willing to act if I need to because I have the confidence that my JJ is good enough to handle most of the guys that tend to want to pick fights with people.

My ego on the other hand is still a work in progress but I feel as if I have a far more of a healthier ego thanks to JJ.

To be honest, Katt Williams said "if you aint smoking weed, I don't know what you're doing with your life", I now think the same about JJ.

Array

School
    10th Planet Lombard
    Been a long time wrestler and leaving college along with wrestling put a hold on my motivations for athletics for a short while. I felt burned out like an old engine without that constant grind. In time i grew soft and switched from running half marathons to lifting. Combat sports leave you with an edge that you feel you can react to anything at any time. I rolled with a nogi club in college for a few months but i have zero competition experience in terms of jj.

In the past months I've gotten into a few open mats at gyms around Chicago but my favorite by far has been 10th planet Lombard. Omar provides an environment ideal to not only "sharpen your edge" but also has a clear wealth of knowledge and has thus far helped me more than i can put into words. Jj has given me a direction in terms of taking care of my body. A huge part of living a healthy and active lifestyle is so that your body can perform. The sharpness i appreciate is that the strong mind always defeats the weaker. Technique appears to be god in terms of repetition and vastness of knowledge. I laugh at how simple the objective of wrestling is in comparison so now i'm comitting from

This sport has without a doubt started to put a overwhelmingly positive balance on my life. It's another responsibility, another place to go, but most importantly a place i will go any distance or time to get to. While i recognize that i'm in the infancy of my journey i will not hold back in relishing the joy i get from that flight or fight sense you get before a practice. Your body knows that you're going to use it like a sword and you either cut or get cut.

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    Jiujitsu saved my life. I had lost everything, and was pretty much homeless. I ended up at my mom's place, and was on the verge of suicide. A couple of months later, I got a hold of the MTRG DVDs, and my life was changed. I watched those damn DVD's everyday, fr about 9 months. Then I began repping it with friends,. I did that for about 2.5yrs, even competed and won. Then I moved back home, and joined a legit gym. Been training, legitimately, since 2011, and I couldn't be happier.

Array

School
    Lookin'
    Great reads, keep 'em coming guys...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast