Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ

Getting RG shutdown in Jersey

I’ve been playing RG for awhile and been starting to get consistent finishes. So, my professors have been watching my game and told my training partners where to stop me. When I get mission control in Jersey (left leg up, right leg with a butterfly hook), they are starting to grab my right foot and crossing it to their right hip and then bringing their hips up to my butt, pinning my right leg between us.

If I am quick enough, I go flying kung fu to omo or try to secure a gogoclinch, but mostly they are shutting me down, getting the pass or forcing me to retreat to a psuedo knee shield.

Any pointers? Thanks y’all!

Array

School
    Jiu jitsu fighters academy Penrith
    I’m not sure if you’re angry about the pointers your coach is giving your team mates but he’s just trying to help everyone because them defending teaches you to defend their defence and sorry but I’m not too sure how to fix that just wait for one of the more expierancex boys to comment

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Connor View Post
    I’m not sure if you’re angry about the pointers your coach is giving your team mates but he’s just trying to help everyone because them defending teaches you to defend their defence and sorry but I’m not too sure how to fix that just wait for one of the more expierancex boys to comment

Haha. Nah man. I’m happy he did it cuz it forces me to up my game. Otherwise, they were getting confounded with RG and just running from it. It’s all part of training. Plus, it means my RG was becoming enough of a problem for others for him to address it....which is sort of a complement, lol.

I did get some advice on FB though with a recommendation of the Oprah, and getting out of Jersey immediately.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    You have to quickly meat hook or get the foot in front of the face to address the guard pass.
    Head Instructor - 10th Planet Springfield MA
    LIKE 10th Planet Springfield MA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/10pSpringfieldMA
    Follow us on Instagram: @10pSpringfieldMA
    www.10thplanetspringfieldma.com

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    It's called New Jersey because you want to get the fuck out as fast as possible.

Array

School
    MMAC
    If you can hit flying kung fu then you should be able to hit Hindu Control. If you have Hindu Control then it doesn't matter if they pass, you can still hit Hindulotine. Omar from 10P Lombard just showed a beautiful transition on a recent MTS to a position he calls Hindu Clinch. Use that trapped leg to sit up and create space for Hindu Control. If Hindulotine fails, there's plenty of options from there, like reverse triangle with 100 palm strikes hope this helps #jesushadamustache