Thread: Rubber guard

Array

School
    Sweden, söder fight gym

Rubber guard

So, im a new member. I am 19 year old, living in sweden and i just love 10p jiujitsu style more than any thing else. I kind of do anything from the electric chair, cacoon and other 10th positions but the rubber guard because i have a hard time holding my leg and my glutes hurt/cramp. It probably becaouse i have not so much flexability there and i wonder is there any workout or excersice to train the flexability for the rubber guard.

ps. Sorry for my bad english.

Array

School
    10th Planet Tampere
    When you are going for the mission control/new york, you should shrimp slightly to get a better angle. That way you don't need as much flexibility.

Mastering the Rubber Guard has solid stretching exercises such as hamstring stretch, half and double lotus.

Quote Originally Posted by Impulsive View Post
    When you are going for the mission control/new york, you should shrimp slightly to get a better angle. That way you don't need as much flexibility.
    I'm brand new as well. Saw Eddie talking about flexibility, and doublebagging. (MST 113 i think) He said that if you lack the flexibility to double bag, then 3/4 guard is better that full rubber guard. There is very little material on 3/4 guard. Anyone have any thoughts on that.?

Array

School
    CDK Paris
    There is a video on YouTube of Eddie talking about flexibility. The tips that he talks have help me a lot.
    Renaud
    Instagram : @renaudcdk10

Array

School
    Indianapolis, IN
    Follow the stretching guidance and then stretch some more. Instead of sitting around watching TV or whatever, stretch! When I first started learning 10P technic, I couldn't even do mission control due to flexibility and now I'm the Indy Moonhead and on a good day my 50 year old ass can nearly put my feet behind my head. lol. So trust me when I say to stretch. You'll notice the difference, quickly. Hope this helps.

Array

School
    Sweden, söder fight gym
    I saw the video a few days ago when you mentioned it, i also saw some interview of eddie sitting in chairs with one on the ground and the other one on top of the other like a triangle. Update: i have been doing the streches now for a couple of days now and i feel more "natrual" but still there is a stiffness there.

Array

School
    Sweden, söder fight gym
    Ye i saw it and it really gave me another perspective on actaully how big the streaching part is in the rubber guard.

Array

School
    Sweden, söder fight gym
    thanks for the tips, i often sit on the floor now on and hold a straching position but i guess the "big" diffrence come with time

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Make it a habit to watch tv or your phone in lotus or half lotus. Once it becomes a habit and it’s fully in your dna you will see results faster than you think
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie