Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th Planet - New Caney, TX
    Thanks for taking the time Coach. I've been problem solving it a bit more and making some progress with it but yeah the size difference is tough to negate with his (and my) skill level.

I'm always thinking underhooks and trying to sweep him. I've been having more success with him using the butterfly guard so going for the overhook makes a lot more sense. Hope I'm interpreting that right. Again thanks everyone for the help. Hell at this point it's all helpful!

Array

School
    So just watched MTS 14. Great overview of how to handle a big guy. Can't wait to work this next week. Thanks again.

Array

School
    10th Planet Altoona
    I'd say rocking up to your side and grabbing over hook or double unders. Keep that sucka from getting low.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Sometimes I go to 1/4 Z or open Z on giant guys and wait/hunt for overhooks to fire flying Kung fu
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    So the getting my overhooks in made a huge difference. For whatever reason we spend a ton of time in various forms of half-guard so that was a relief. Starting to work on flying Kung fu too. I've hit it on a few strong beginners but haven't it it on my buddy yet! Thanks everyone for the help.

Array

School
    Almost two years after making this post and my lockdown game has improved tremendously. All the advice above was golden. Learning how to whip and relax the legs when needed made a big difference. My stomp transition is developing and my flying kung-fu still sucks but I'm working on it.

Dumb question about the flying kung-fu learning curve. Do you ever accidentally hit people in the side of the face doing it in a live roll? Asking for a friend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12