Thread: MTS 128 cardio

Array

School
    10th planet glasgow

MTS 128 cardio

i don't suppose anyone has a copy of the cardio workout program Eddie mentions on MTS 128 advanced back escapes? the one which Lila used to prepare for EBI.
    would like to try a new cardio program to prepare for competition any help would be greatly appreciated.

Array

School
    Artista Bjj - Nashville
    If I remember correctly, it was basically swimming Tabata sprints... Each round is a minute for twenty minutes. You swim as fast as you can from one end of the olympic sized swimming pool to the other and whatever left over time you have is your "catch your breath" break.

Array

School
    10th planet glasgow
    awesome thank you!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Swim sprints:

It's a 20 minute program. Once it starts it's over in 20 minutes. The object of this is to train your body to recover from full blown exhaustion in 30 seconds, over and over again.

Find a pool, not one in an apartment complex, a pro one, like 25 meters or so.

Once the seconds hand on the clock hits 12oclock sprint across the pool, just one way. You should get across in about 20-25 seconds, or basically when the seconds hand hits 5 or so. Rest until the seconds clock hits 12oclock again, basically 35 seconds of rest, then swim sprint back across the other way.

So basically every time the seconds hand on the clock hits 12oclock you sprint across the pool. And rest until it hits 12 again. Do this 20 times, hence 20 minutes. The first 8 sprints should be relatively easy. You should be dying around the 13th or 14th sprint.

Swim sprints force you to keep your breathing on point no matter how exhausted you become, this is HUGE. You can't get that benefit with running your sprints.

Do it exactly like this once a week and you will become an exploding machine. Gassing will never become a problem. Takes about a month of this to fully take effect.

Another great thing about this is that you can do them by yourself. You dont need anyone to push you, you push yourself for the rest time. No trainer needed.
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Does anyone else finish off their swim workout with Tiger Sprints? 2 Sets - Swim underwater holding breath for 25m (or as long you can and start sprint earlier and longer), then sprint back 25m butterfly or freestyle, rest as long as necessary to a maximum of 90 seconds before starting second set.

Array

School
    10th planet glasgow
    Thank you master Eddie i will definitely be incorporating this as part of my cardio!
    thanks