Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Alistair really lucked out. I mean the dude is sick, but he got a pass having to fight an injured Saki in the semi, and a beat up Aerts in the final. He definitely proved that he earned it, after beating Spong (sick fight) but I was really bummed out when it became apparent that Saki was injured.

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    Alistair really lucked out. I mean the dude is sick, but he got a pass having to fight an injured Saki in the semi, and a beat up Aerts in the final. He definitely proved that he earned it, after beating Spong (sick fight) but I was really bummed out when it became apparent that Saki was injured.
    That fight probably would of been really good if he wasn't hurt.

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy
    Seriously, I am going to push for banning people who put up spoilers in the thread title from now on. How stupid can you be?

Array

School
    NA
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan "Máquina" View Post
    Seriously, I am going to push for banning people who put up spoilers in the thread title from now on. How stupid can you be?
    ya that sucks and that's why i never go online if i want to see a fight.....first thing that might pop up tomorrow if i go online and don't watch ufc is yahoo.com which might show "gsp still champion" or "koscheck upsets montreal". gotta stay offline until then ;/

Array

School
    NA
    hey can someone explain the deal with knees and clinching? you can only use a one hand clinch when throwing a knee and not 2? anyone know what that rule is all about?

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by lates85 View Post
    hey can someone explain the deal with knees and clinching? you can only use a one hand clinch when throwing a knee and not 2? anyone know what that rule is all about?
    Two handed clinches are illegal and one handed clinches can only be used to setup strikes. The intention is to create a more strike oriented iteration of kickboxing with very little downtime. Generally speaking, I think the rule is very effective as there tends to be more exciting K-1 fights rather than not.

Array

School
    NA
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    Two handed clinches are illegal and one handed clinches can only be used to setup strikes. The intention is to create a more strike oriented iteration of kickboxing with very little downtime. Generally speaking, I think the rule is very effective as there tends to be more exciting K-1 fights rather than not.
    i didn't think about that but that makes absolute sense. I could see fighters really good at clinching just using that as their bread and butter and not doing much other striking.

Array

School
    Anywhere.
    Last time I checked you can do a two hand clinch but you're only allowed to throw one knee per clinch.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffRace727 View Post
    Last time I checked you can do a two hand clinch but you're only allowed to throw one knee per clinch.
    they changed the rules a bit ago, so Aj is correct one hand clinch only, you can't put one hand over the other behind the head, ref was letting one hand on either side pass so I guess that is allowable.

also spoilers really do need to stop. Why I can't check my phone or the internet when I am at work tonight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12