Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lockdown on people with short legs

I've had some problems using lockdown on people with shorter legs, any tips?

Array

School
    Husaria Naas
    Same here. Can't lock down their feet as mine goes longer than theirs

Array

School
    Sportschule Kaminari, future 10th Planet Düsseldorf
    i think it it not necessary to straighten your legs, bring your feet close and open your knees. There should stilbe enough control.

Array

School
    CDK Paris
    I have a similar problem too. To do an effective lockdown on people with short legs is not a problem for me but my problem is when I want to do an electric chair on people with short legs because they escape their leg...
    Renaud
    Instagram : @renaudcdk10

Array

School
    Cody MMA
    I'm 6'6" and regularly play lock down on people more than a foot shorter than me. I keep my knees close to my chest until I get a bite on their ankle and then I point my toes upward to keep it locked on. They definitely can still slip out when try to hit the electric chair but I find that when that happens they are usually off balance so I just use electric sweep.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Don't forget to use your stomp and super stomp. It gives you good intel on where their leg is, which is important in terms of where precisely you have to configure your legs to lock it up. It also opens up half-butterfly game, which is what prefer if their legs are way too damn short.

Array

School
    10th Planet San Diego
    I am a short leg person and most people can not lock me down specially if they are much taller but the people who can lock me down all have a few things in common. 1 they use there knees to pinch my thighs in lock down. 2 They do huge whip ups and whips using the bite on the thighs more than the bite on the ankle. 3 They never get flat on there back. If I can flatten them the length difference in our legs is exaggerated and I bring my knee up. So, they are always on their side usually with their hips way out and an under-hook. The big shrimp angle brings our ankles closer together because it makes up the length difference. I started using these same techniques on huge people that used to smash me and it works on them also. Some times when I was on bottom I was to short to get a bite on the ankles. With the weak bite I could not whip them. I can use the angle, the under-hook and pinched knees to get good whips and go from there. Now most people know they will get the electric chair or sweep and they start sitting back and I started going to old school.

Array

School
    Husaria Naas
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Krischer View Post
    i think it it not necessary to straighten your legs, bring your feet close and open your knees. There should stilbe enough control.
    If I open my knees, there'll not be enough contact to hold them and they just slide up and out

Array

School
    Husaria Naas
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Harris View Post
    I'm 6'6" and regularly play lock down on people more than a foot shorter than me. I keep my knees close to my chest until I get a bite on their ankle and then I point my toes upward to keep it locked on. They definitely can still slip out when try to hit the electric chair but I find that when that happens they are usually off balance so I just use electric sweep.
    That makes a lot of sense. I'll try it. Just working on the picture of what it'll look like

Array

School
    Husaria Naas
    Quote Originally Posted by Arman Fathi View Post
    Don't forget to use your stomp and super stomp. It gives you good intel on where their leg is, which is important in terms of where precisely you have to configure your legs to lock it up. It also opens up half-butterfly game, which is what prefer if their legs are way too damn short.
    I don't play butterfly much cos my heel don't come close to my butt enough unassisted but I get what you're saying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast