Array

School
    Alliance Jiu Jitsu

Dead orchard for small dudes?

Hello guys.

I really like the dead orchard position. To me its the most beatufil position of close guard.
    Although i like it, its really hard to me to get it on big guys or guys my size. I usually get it on girls or small dudes.

Im 1,70m 78kg and 14% bodyfat. Is my bodytype not good for this position? I feel like i have to short and big legs

Array

School
    10P Ronin
    Hello! I'm a short guy, around 1.67m and 65kgs. I face the same problem too! Though what I learnt, if I can hit it , it's a bonus, else I just use it as a set up for a triangle, cos either way, the guy's gonna get caught in something.

just a thought though, maybe the higher belts have a more technical solution! ;p

Array

School
    Sportschule Kaminari, future 10th Planet Düsseldorf
    I think Eddie uses Muddy waters to get the DO. Other setups might only work for long people

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    come on guys its hard to close regular triangles on guys with broad shoulders same goes for this.... im sure there is a magic leg length to shoulder width ratio, but we would also have to factor your leg thickness...

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ
    As Master Eddie says, you have to go the Mexican (or Asian in my case) route through muddy waters. It can be done, but it is definitely harder. Almost everyone I roll with is huge in comparison to me, so dead orchards are few and far between. But, it doesn’t mean I don’t try if the opportunity presents itself.

Array

School
    10th Planet Altoona
    Just keep drilling. I have really short legs, but when I can hit the proper angle I have no problem.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham / Banbury uk
    Muddy waters for us small dudes