Time from beginner to advanced class entry?

Yo, new guy here. People in the advanced classes; how long did it take you from day 1 grappling to entry in to advanced class?

If you are cocky and stupid enough you can enter pretty much anywhere you want. I have snuck into so many movies and live events with this mentality.

Just convince that you deserve to be there and slide in.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    When I started I had to travel 3 hours each way to the gym. The only class I could attend was the weekend advanced class and open mat. I would watch the MTS and have a game plan for open mat based on that and try to use whatever technique was taught in the advanced class as well. Lockdown will be your friend.

Array

School
    10th Planet Las Vegas
    I stared in advanced classes. That was all that was offered in the time frame I could attend class

Array

School
    Indianapolis, IN
    Everyone is different and has different capabilities. Bottom line, the more time you spend on the mat getting reps in, the better you will become and at a faster pace. Compete as often as possible. This will test your skill set against unfamiliar (not regular rolling partners is a better phrase) grapplers.