Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ

Troubleshooting The Gogoplata - Losing the arm

Used to hit gogos pretty often on training partners. But now...the more savvy ones have been timing yanking their zombied arm (limp arming) out as I do the final transition to reach around their head and grab my foot. I recall Master Eddie saying that most gogos are lost there. Anyway to mitigate that? I try to angle my head/upper body toward my RG knee, but once I am in the midst of the final transition, I find that too much space is opening up. Thank you!

Hmm, maybe hug the knee a bit tighter?

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    Definitely hug the knee tighter. Sit up into it as well. I told you to bring your ass down to Ethos sometime, Daniel. lol

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hickman View Post
    Definitely hug the knee tighter. Sit up into it as well. I told you to bring your ass down to Ethos sometime, Daniel. lol
    LOL. I hug my knee like crazy, but the moment I sit up and reach for my foot, the clamping of the knee releases enough to allow them to aggressively limp arm out. I guess I need to work on holding my knee and reaching my foot at the same time.

And, we hosted a regional open mat a couple Sundays ago...I was looking for you.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    The problem is not that you aren't hugging the knee tighter. I guarantee you are flat on your back. Get on your side and pop up on your elbow and let the hate flow through you.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Also, they shouldn't be able to run if you are grabbing their head correctly during the transition. Gotta keep that bad boy close to you.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    'aggressively limp'...I am going to channel that mantra to escape everything

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashashin1904 View Post
    'aggressively limp'...I am going to channel that mantra to escape everything
    ROFL...pulling hard on a wet noodle

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    The problem is not that you aren't hugging the knee tighter. I guarantee you are flat on your back. Get on your side and pop up on your elbow and let the hate flow through you.
    Thank you BMac

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast