Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas

Calling all 10P fam. I could use some help.

To my 10P family, a few of you have posted GoFundMe's for friends and/or family. I shared them without hesitation or questions, because we have each other's back. I'm asking you to share this for me, and if possible, donate. As always, any amount helps. Jenifer just wants what we all want, to train forever and to spread the art. She's an amazing woman, and a good friend. Help us help her. Below is copied from facebook. Thank you so much. I love you guys.
    #10P4L

https://www.gofundme.com/lets-get-je...?member=523642

Just saw my surgeon today. Arthritis is quite severe , knee cap cartilage is starting to damage, and the patella baja is not getting better. I DO have +10 degrees since starting work with Dr. Mark Armbruster at Denver Vitality 3 weeks ago. This has increased the fluidity of my gait which relieves tons of pain from my hip and back.

I was strongly advised to have this surgery done sooner than later. We are all set for the first surgery with Dr. LaPrade at The Steadman Clinic in Vail 9/13:
    $4,781-surgery
    $2k- anesthesia
    $10k- hospital costs
    $600/month- PT

Objective:
    I’ll be having a tenotomy (detachment of the pateller tendon from the tibia) done along with another manipulation and cauterizing of the scar tissue. This will allow my patella to float back up to where it belongs (about 3 months) and also to help my (very atrophied) quadriceps fire once in PT.

Post-op schedule:
    PT 2x/day for two weeks and 1x/day 6 days/week for 3 months. Then additional surgery, Dec/Jan.

I have no idea what lies ahead but I know I am destined for greatness. Although I’ve been through a lot in my life, I’ve learned now is not the time to rest on those laurels. I must fight. With courage and honor, I must go out and obtain what’s mine.

Thank you to everyone who has donated to help get us started. On the real, we couldn’t do it without your help. I promise to return the kind gesture and to also thank all of you personally. My passion is teaching and training Jiu Jitsu. I have so much to give and so much to accomplish on the mat. YOU are helping that fellowship manifest.

-jiujiteira 💜