Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ

Make leg locks the new norm

Recently wrote my first piece for the Jiu Jitsu Times. Discourse welcome.

https://www.jiujitsutimes.com/is-it-...ocks-as-taboo/

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    That's weird that the blue belt mentioned in your article wouldn't want to train with leglocks. After all, he's not going to compete in the blue belt division forever, and it's not an impossible feat of mental aptitude to adapt to a competitions rule set day of.

For me I always ask myself three questions when it comes to doing leg locks while drilling

1. Are they a white belt?
    2. Are we in the gi?
    3. Do they have bad knees?

If it's no to all three then I use them when ever I want.

I think it's hilarious that they are still very much taboo and especially taboo under certain self-defense affiliations. I mean I have stories upon stories What is was like during the leg lock movement and being under a self defense school.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Leg locks don’t work :-)
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Indianapolis, IN
    LMAO! True, they don't work just like rubber guard. LOL.

I don't understand, either, why a lot of schools don't permit leg locks. The school I started out with as a white belt was that way and I have suffered in that part of the game ever since. When I first became Moonhead at Indy, I didn't want that to happen to my students and Eddie told me to contact Coach Herzog. I did, Coach gave me a lot of advice and we did leglocks for a straight month. EVERYONE. With an emphasis do not crank while rolling. Ever since then, several of my guys have become leg lock wizards and will hit you with a leg lock in their sleep. If other gyms don't want to do leg locks that's fine by me. Good luck trying to catch up with my guys when they finally make the rank. It'll probably be too late.