Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heelhook

Array

School
    10th planet headquarters
    I got heal hook and it didn't effect me to the next day and I was out for 6 weeks. If you are training on a daily basics you have to tap early or start learning and practicing a good defense. Training and competion is to different things, if you want to continue training smart tap early it's all ego.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Dude, cross your legs before he locks in the leg lock...then all you have to worry about is defending minor toe holds and the clover leaf and the Brabo Choke and some crazy arm bars and............but yeah...that guy's a douche for cranking on a heel hook and you should definitely be tapping sooner if someone's even threatened the heel hook or the reverse heel hook for that matter. You are involved in some unsafe rolling if you ask me and you should prolly start training in a gym where they encourage safer grappling or you aren't going to be grappling much longer.

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    I just wanted to know if it is possible to do damage during a heelhook although the recipient is feeling absolutely nothing and from the posts above I guess the answer to that question is yes.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Sorry bro, we get a little mean sometimes on these forums. It's mostly because we get sick of silly questions like this, but don't worry. We don't hate you. We just hate your strangely naive question about heel hooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Watkins View Post
    Sorry bro, we get a little mean sometimes on these forums. It's mostly because we get sick of silly questions like this, but don't worry. We don't hate you. We just hate your strangely naive question about heel hooks.

not sure about the hate, I had the same questions when I started. Pretty sure we aren't about hating beginners. Just a little overzealous in our internet teaching methods.

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Watkins View Post
    ?

Why is the question silly or naive? You were born with heelhook damage possibility knowledge? A submission that does damage without any pain is automatically supposed to make sense?
    Hate me? I don't see any personal attacks or anything, everybody has been pretty cool so far also nobody is being mean. Tnx for the input i do appreciate it.

Array

School
    RMNU
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gibbs View Post
    not sure about the hate, I had the same questions when I started. Pretty sure we aren't about hating beginners. Just a little overzealous in our internet teaching methods.
    +1

Array

School
    10TH Planet Morgantown
    No hate and their are NO silly questions. Heel hook subs are limited to 'catch and release' at my Academy for ALL of the reason discussed herein. Elbows, shoulders, necks and elbows can get relief or rest even if accidentally injured... Knees, however, NEVER get rest in that they bear your weight on a daily basis. Most folks cant bed rest a knee injury. Hell, even as a full-time coach I am leary, maybe moreso because I cannot afford an injury as I teach 7 days a week. Caution and trust are the factors. I dont believe you can cut application OR defense out of your game, but as someone else stated earlier if I catch you, I'll let it go once I know its sunk... I'll not wait for you to realize the truth. THAT is silly.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    It's like clockwork on here for people to oppose my point of view. Everyone's so defensive. Alright, let me ask you this question...where did you learn the heel hook? Was it on the internet? If it was, I'm pretty sure every instructional I've ever seen on the heel hook says...be careful with this submission. Don't torque on the heel in practice. This submission is very DANGEROUS!!

@Neale Hoerle: Really? No hate? Other than Sherdog and MYSPACE 3 years ago, I'd say this is THE cesspool of all the hatred I encounter in my day's journey. And don't get me wrong, I enjoy alot of the posts on documentaries, instructionals, and Ian Quinto's playful humor. And maybe I'm construing this wrong and the hate's not always necessarily directed at me, but on this forum, I've heard some major hate being dropped on Ryan Hall, Wrestlers, Catch Wrestlers, people with egos, Steven Segal, Brazillians, Aikido, the Gi, etc.

On the old site, I remember quoting the Axiom, "Defense, Position, then Submission" and some random blue belt pointed at this quote with an lol. So please excuse me if this is just playful banter, but I like to believe that somewhere in jokes lies a hint of sincerity. And forgive me if I'm a little jaded about it, but I think people are forgetting that 10th Planet is supposed to be about having an open mind and accepting what works. You know Catch Wrestling works. Sakuraba proved that. So has Josh Barnett, Karl Gotch, Mark Shultz, etc. Wrestling works. Everyone has an ego and it's healthy to have one unless you're hurting yourself or someone else with it. Ryan Hall is a great grappler with some controversial opinions just like Eddie Bravo. Aikido can work if you're really good at it. Morihei Ueshiba was a badass and I think people should respect him. The Gi has given me new ideas on what to try nogi. Helio Gracie was Brazillian!! And I could go on and on in this tangent all day all night. The point I'm trying to make is that there is hate on this forum and there's no denying it. I'm not saying it should be hardcore moderated, I'm just saying people should be aware of it's existence and play around accordingly or don't. I don't care. But I am going to chime in with my 2 cents as long as I'm a paying member man. And I say all this with love in my heart. Who wants a hug?

Array

School
    10TH Planet Morgantown
    Jon,

Let me re-word what I said... No hate from ME! I, personally, am about growth and having an open mind. Haters need not apply and I can guarantee you that ANY of my fellow 10TH Planet Moon Instructors have the EXACT same mentality as I do. We are all very open and very receptive. I'm am not a 'Forum Rat' by any stretch of the imagination and I avoid all negativity so I am not versed on the 'hating' that may occur. I personally would like to extend my apologies for what ever may or may not have happened to you on this forum. Just sayin. If anyone needs help or has questions about the system or otherwise I long ago extended my invite to share knowledge... Hit me on email, Twitter, FB or DM here. My aim is to help

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast