Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heelhook

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys

Heelhook

I have not been truly heel hooked before to the point where I felt pain or anything, however couple days ago I was rolling with a buddy of mine and he put a heel hook on me, it was not too tight, I had room to play and although he tried to crank it i managed to get out and felt absolutely nothing. However the inside of that same knee was pretty sore for 2 days and paint went away after those days.
    So you know how Joe Rogan always says if a heel hook is hurting you, it is already too late and something is ripped. Obviously my knee is not damaged but still it getting sore after an attempt which I felt nothing about is kinda interesting.

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood
    dude!! TAP YOU CRAZY GUY!

you dont feel them somtimes its the reason why there so dangerous! if your ACL tears your fucking DONE SON!
    i swear to god man. trust me

if the guy is completely on his side and cranking that shit than he got you
    if hes flat on his back and turning than you can still have a chance of escaping by TURNING WITH IT/ pulling your leg out

honestly dont even bother looking up escapes on youtube
    just tap.if you want to train to see your blue belt stop messing around like that

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood
    ok time out
    i think i was thinking of somthing else

never mind about the being flat on your back thing
    i was thinking of a straight ankle lock

he CAN finish it from there
    so just tap

so sorry to temperary miss lead you

i-a-m-a-d-u-m-b-a-s-s

:-D

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Go to a doctor.

thats why heel hooks are dangerous, they don't really hurt until damage is done, even then it may still not hurt but your knee still gets jacked. its a move to tap early to, also as the aggressor its a move to not crank 100% on, 100% on a choke leads to a nap, 100% on a heel hook leads to knee reconstruction. Make sure both parties know that before you roll, treat it as a position, once you establish it, move on to something else, you don't always need to get a tap.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gibbs View Post
    thats why heel hooks are dangerous, they don't really hurt until damage is done, even then it may still not hurt but your knee still gets jacked. its a move to tap early to, also as the aggressor its a move to not crank 100% on, 100% on a choke leads to a nap, 100% on a heel hook leads to knee reconstruction. Make sure both parties know that before you roll, treat it as a position, once you establish it, move on to something else, you don't always need to get a tap.
    +1

And though it's off topic a bit I'll add that the same is true of elbow and knee compressions; though perhaps not to quite as great an extent.

thats crazy, i never been put in a heel hook, i have a pretty high tap tolerence, so my opponent has to really work on a armbar, cranks etc. Now that i know you dont feel anything at first ill keep that in mind! THANKS

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by stopNgo1000 View Post
    thats crazy, i never been put in a heel hook, i have a pretty high tap tolerence, so my opponent has to really work on a armbar, cranks etc. Now that i know you dont feel anything at first ill keep that in mind! THANKS
    Tap tolerance has nothing to do with it. If it's just training, the submission is on, and you are not executing a rational defense, counter, or escape.. just tap. It's not a game of bloody knuckles, it's just training.

Additionally, in training.. both parties should be considerate of the safety and welfare of their training partner. If you and I were training and you mentally decided that you were never going to tap out, I still wouldn't injure you. The tension point for most submissions are very tactile and apparent, once the position is established and the submission set, I have no personal need to go further beyond that. Anybody who does is either naive or a sociopath.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    Tap tolerance has nothing to do with it. If it's just training, the submission is on, and you are not executing a rational defense, counter, or escape.. just tap. It's not a game of bloody knuckles, it's just training.

Additionally, in training.. both parties should be considerate of the safety and welfare of their training partner. If you and I were training and you mentally decided that you were never going to tap out, I still wouldn't injure you. The tension point for most submissions are very tactile and apparent, once the position is established and the submission set, I have no personal need to go further beyond that. Anybody who does is either naive or a sociopath.
    I understand, there are some who look for a tap. I actually release the submission once i know its locked in, i don't like to play with that give and pull of injury

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Heelhooks are SCARRRY SHITE!
    People always roll out of mine in training because I put them on so gingerly but they're something of a go-to for me so I'm pretty good at getting them. I let it go without too much fuss but I always think in the back of my mind like "dude your shit would've been toast right there"...crazy peoples.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast