Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    American Top Team NY

Marajuana is bad for youuuuu

OK so me and my friends have recently been discussing the legalization issue of marajuana. personally i dont think the actual cannabis harms your brain at all nor does it have any long term effects.My friends however say that there is evidence that states that marajuana is harmful/ So i asked my friends to give me articles that prove me wrong. I was wondering if you guys had any special articles/sources that prove the safety or benefits of marajuana so i can properly make my case since im not really an expert

Array

School
    Serra BJJ
    Tell your friend to watch "The Union"

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    There is no evidence that states it is harmful, only evidence that states it isn't.

As above, watch The Union

Array

School
    team ebs scotland
    download 'The Emperor Wears No Clothes'.you should get all the facts and exposed lie's you'll ever need in there. :-D

Array

School
    Roger Gracie Academy
    Don't get me wrong I have nothing against weed smokers and I will get around to watching the Union but do some people really believe there are absolutely no harmfull effects from weed? I'm pretty sure constant use has an effect on your lungs in the form of respiratory irritants and gaseous toxins. Basically as I understand it anything that isn't Oxygen is not good for your lungs. Smoking in any form whether weed or cigarettes facilitates the deposition of carcinogens in your airways. Also I've not seen any studies on this but I'm sure I remember being taught that raising the temperature of the lungs in the form of inhaled smoke weakens the cilia. However this would likely depend on how frequently you smoke.

Now let me state I'm not against legalisatin of weed. I mean if Alcohol and Cigarettes are legal then so should Weed. However lets be cautious against claims that it isn't harmfull in any way because for your lungs it definetly can be over time.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Just wrote a ten page paper on the benefits of medicinal marijuana. I did probably 100 hours worth of research between sceintific documentaries and books written by doctors etc. There is no scientific proof of the claims that have been made over the years. Check out topdocumentaryfilms.com or hit up the library system there are hundred of books written by credible sources and thousands of acedemic articles as well.

Array

School
    akka overland park
    Quote Originally Posted by James III View Post
    Don't get me wrong I have nothing against weed smokers and I will get around to watching the Union but do some people really believe there are absolutely no harmfull effects from weed? I'm pretty sure constant use has an effect on your lungs in the form of respiratory irritants and gaseous toxins. Basically as I understand it anything that isn't Oxygen is not good for your lungs. Smoking in any form whether weed or cigarettes facilitates the deposition of carcinogens in your airways. Also I've not seen any studies on this but I'm sure I remember being taught that raising the temperature of the lungs in the form of inhaled smoke weakens the cilia. However this would likely depend on how frequently you smoke.

Now let me state I'm not against legalisatin of weed. I mean if Alcohol and Cigarettes are legal then so should Weed. However lets be cautious against claims that it isn't harmfull in any way because for your lungs it definetly can be over time.
    that is very true, but you don't have to smoke weed to take it either. you could always eat it, if prepared properly, and i may be wrong but I didn't think vaporizers had any smoke in them and they are room temp.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago

Check out alternative forms of consumption that do not require burning organic plant material which could over time lead to such ailments. Vaporisers, edibles, teas, renderings in milk based solutions. The union is good but also check out Cannabis: the Evil Weed? put out by the BBC and was very informative.

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo

Actually it's a lung cleanser, thc has anti-tumor properties

anxiety reactions to marijuana are quite common. sometimes, this can lead to depersonalization and derealization. these two symptoms of panic disorder can last months at a time. as well, it can lead to issues of anxiety disorder during withdrawals. marijuana is not all fun.

yes, i am a professional board certified therapist (masters level). i have seen this in my office as recent as last week. it is not all that common, but it still occurs. please dont act like putting a chemical into your brain will have zero effects. our brain is a consistency slightly harder than jello. it is extremely sensitive, even to marijuana.

btw, documentaries are not quality information, no matter how much you want them to be. they are not peer reviewed and they are made to entertain.

as much as you wish you could get a college level education from discovery channel, you cant

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast