Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso

Swim Move Detail

Hey guys!

Here is a detail on the swim move that I think you will find interesting. Most people try to toss the ankle or leg directly straight up, trying to make the uke do a flip. However, if you hug the leg towards you it is much more effective.

Let me know what you all think.

Mario

Array

School
    Revolution Combat Sports
    Good stuff! I watched a live feed of Geo repping this a few months ago & he does it in a similar way. Changed the finishing rate for me on this one.

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    Interesting detail. B-Mac recently did a jiujitsu hack on the swim move. If you haven't seen it, it's amazing. He takes his shoulder closest to their knees, and he tries to put his shoulder into the space at their hip. Next, the leg on the back of their head, he pushes their head out of the way. Basically he makes them do a shoulder roll, while he does one as well. It's super smooth.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Next time you’re at Hq we’ll put this to the test. It’s VERY difficult flipping a guy over when he’s resisting 100%, grabbing the toes has always been the best answer for me, and when that doesn’t work I switch gears to a quick toss or abandon all together and go back to the back. We’ll test it.
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    Thank you all for your responses!

Absolutely, Sensei. I am sure that your way works great. My main point is not so much on where to grab on the leg, but rather pulling the leg in towards you vs trying to flip it directly over him. But definitely looking forward to visiting HQ again soon! Always a pleasure.