What should I focus on? (beginner)

Hi guys, I started training with the Gi in Dubai for a week now (no 10th planet here yet) and I fell in love with the system because I'm a skinny guy(135 lbs) with good flexibility and I'm always rolling with bigger guys so I end up on my back a lot.
    As a complete beginner I don't exactly know where to start on this system and what techniques I should focus on. I checked out the sticky thread with episode guides and stuff however, it doesn't show me where to begin (unless I'm blind and missed it somewhere). So, what do you guys recommend I learn as a complete newbie?
    BTW, I can get to full lotus without using my hands. also, I'll be honest I didn't watch any of the rubber guard DVDs or read any of the books but I learned the basic "path" by watching videos here and on YouTube (I don't get my info from the library ) and I actually use the lock-down and the electric chair sweep a lot when I roll. Thanks in advance!

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Literally covered this yesterday on my podcast. Enjoy

"The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Wanted to ask something similar. Should I be watching the newest MTS first and go backwards? Stay chronological? Buy them DVD's?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post

Wow thanks, great advice! working on my defense gets me really excited, be it escapes, sweeps or just holding a position. That is literally all I do when I roll with people I don't even attempt submissions. I guess I'll start working my rubber guard more from now on

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    In my 15 years of running 10P I learned that it’s best to get obsessed with rubber guard first. Trust me. Focus on it, you won’t regret it. Of course the lockdown take and prison guard game are crucial too and are required for full optimization of the rubber guard, all 3 of them guards feed off each other and help each other
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Richmond KY, 10th Planet Springfield, Oregon
    Solid questions- I'm back in the game after many years away from jiu jitsu-and let me tell you, 10th Planet blows my mind! As a fellow white belt in 10th Planet, but exposed to enough in the past to make me comprehend how little I do know, I feel Brandon NAILED it! Pick something. Anything, some area that gets you jazzed, because you WANT to motivate yourself to show up to train. Get good at it, then get better. Because I know that no matter how good I THINK I am, there is always someone out there that surpasses me.

Show Up. Get the mat time. Period. Even if you don't feel like it-that's my thing, I know that if I don't go-no matter how crappy I feel that day-I'm going to regret it and hate myself.

OF course, look right above my post-you can't beat that advice! (From the Man Himself!) Rubber Guard! Brandon hits that area too-and it made me think-if I focus on my Rubber Guard, and keep at it-by the time I reach a black belt level years and years from now-I might be CLOSE to having it down and effectively in my repertoire!

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Columbus, Georgia
    I am learning the lockdown and everything that flows from it. I can tell you as a New student at a non-10p school (none are close by) it has completely changed my comfort level. It’s now my “go to”. Very simple.

Array

School
    BJJ & 10P Ronin
    Thank you for that, Brandon. That was a very insightful view on it. As a reasonably experienced BJJ practitioner who has recently started to travel to a 10P school occasionally, this helped me take stock of what I need to focus on. I struggle cutting through what I have already learned to keep the "white belt mentality" when approaching the 10P system.

Array

School
    10th Planet Richmond KY, 10th Planet Springfield, Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post

I keep coming back to this clip for inspiration... it verifies to me that, it is true-I suck at pretty much everything now (hahhahah)-so I've tons of areas in 10P to look forward to learning!