Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sots vs bocek?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart Landry View Post
    Then as much as much as it would be a great fight, George has been on a huge win streak and it should start to get him higher ranked guys to fight. The title is where the money is and its only fair he start getting some ranked fighters. I think down the road Bocek and him would be a great entertaining fight but George doesn't need to keep taking risk without cash... The UFC cuts guys for shit sometimes and he should be making money on cards fighting names... Just my opinion
    Totally agree! George has paid his dues, its time for a run at the title. That would be a great fight, but its not going to help George get any closer to the title. Its all about being champion.

Array

School
    10th planet headquarters
    George deserves a title shot he's paid his dues. By the way Georges rubber guard is far superior to dustin hazleton.

Array

School
    Serra BJJ
    Hazlett showed a nice half guard, but Bocek made a good move during transition.

gotta watch that Canadian jiu-jitsu We can do rubber guard with snow shoes. love George but I'd be torn just because Canuks are often seen as under dogs and don't get the respect they deserve.
    Keep your stick on the ice TO THE 10TH POWER!!!

Man Aussie's are way bigger under dogs haha

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood
    he cant out box him and even if he takes him down hes going to eat a bunch of half guard sweeps or rubber guard

FOR SURE

her was just pumped after he won

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    he cant out box him and even if he takes him down hes going to eat a bunch of half guard sweeps or rubber guard

FOR SURE

her was just pumped after he won
    I dunno if he was just pumped after the fight he had an interview with Ariel afterwards where he said he wants to fight George and will wait for the Siver fight to be over and done with or something like that.

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    I also agree that George paid his dues, I think Edgar vs Sot or Maynard vs Sot are better matchups. Bocek should fight Jim Miller.

Array

School
    Roger Gracie Academy
    Bocek just fought and lost to Jim Miller.

Honestly, given where we are now and if they're up for it relatively soon, I'd do Sot - Miller as a title eliminator. Unfortunately, the Siver fight ruins that, so not really sure where to go. Miller has put together just as good a streak as George, against probably slightly better overall competition, so I'd support him for a title shot. He also has the interesting situation of his only two losses being to Edgar and Maynard, so...I think that can be spun into something. Miller fights the winner of Maynard/Edgar, with Sot getting the title shot to follow if he beats Siver?

Seems fair, albeit not ideal. Am I forgetting anyone else with a really long win streak at lightweight?

I felt this was just a Bocek stab at getting himself some higher ranked opponents and better paying fights. He has not fought the same level of comp as George. He was completely smashed by Danzig a couple of years back and I don't think his game has come up to the level that he will outclass George in any aspect of the game.
    I do think its awesome that Georges is getting a target on his back and people are realizing that he is one of the guys that you have to go through to get to the top of the division. 2011 is gonna be huge for SOTs and 10th Planet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast