Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin

Troubleshoot RubberGuard on Big Opponents

I have been having troubles hitting rubber guard on Larger Opponents. Suggestions to take out a monster!!!

To get more effective answers; you should give more details about which steps you are struggling.

As a small flexible guy I want to point that rubbering the big guys is a great way to sweep them. Because most of the times they put pressure on you and it is generally one direction (right or left). It. Is what I’ve experienced 80 percent of the times. In that case If you can you their strength AGAINST THEM. Just take the overhook and opposite leg butterfly and sweep them (basic Gracie sweep). If you are flashy enough they fall to the bottom mount like babies with their own pressure.

If they pressure not the directions but just forward to you... than put your bottom of your feets on his hips, Control his head and summersault backwards. There is your mount!

In a summer You should use your reflexes and don’t be insistent about attacking. Flow with them.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    Sweeping guys isn't the issue for me. It's finishing them. I need to finish not sweep.

Array

School
    essential jiu jitsu
    as samurai said, be a little more specific. is it hard to hold their posture? is it hard to deal with them stacking? whats the main difficulty? I think i can help u out with this as long as you tell me what the struggle is. i will say this tho, in the rubber guard clearing the neck is the most important thing to do when dealing with anyone. there are 3 main ways to clear the neck:

Fire and Flip- cocoon with an overhook- fall on your side- stiff arm tight up against the neck, and flip the foot in front in their face with the hand thats usually hugging your knee

Flying Kung Fu- cocoon/ closed guard with an overhook- flip the foot in front of their face all at once as you fall (check 3 ways to clear the neck mts)

forearm neck clear- new york- double bag- chill dog

if your dealing with giant monsters flying kung fu might be the only one that will work, if your dealing with people who are 20-30 pounds, both flying kung fu and fire and flip will work. if ur dealing with not too far off sized people, all 3 will usually work. as Eddie said, the further the weight class goes, the harder it is to break rubber guard down step by step

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Hindu works well for me on big guys. But that has to do with my frame and flexibility. Meathook can also work well. Since they will have the strength to posture though, it's common for them to be able to pull out and posture up, so you will always need to be ready to follow and come up with them. Hip bump, drape over their shoulder for kimura control or simply look to transition to a headlock. Either of these will transition you from losing rubber guard to instead at least moving onto another dominant position. And with big guys it may be the only way. Lock em up, follow the ride.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eddy View Post
    Hindu works well for me on big guys. But that has to do with my frame and flexibility. Meathook can also work well. Since they will have the strength to posture though, it's common for them to be able to pull out and posture up, so you will always need to be ready to follow and come up with them. Hip bump, drape over their shoulder for kimura control or simply look to transition to a headlock. Either of these will transition you from losing rubber guard to instead at least moving onto another dominant position. And with big guys it may be the only way. Lock em up, follow the ride.
    Lock them up and follow the ride is a good mantra to follow for anytime you're dealing with a much larger opponent. Forcing them to do what you want to do is almost always a bad idea, and it's a good way to get injured in my experience. Also, if Ben Eddy says something about Rubber Guard, run with it.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    essential jiu jitsu
    would you consider hindu control to be more effective with long limbs? im 5'6" with some pretty stubby legs and im usually facing people who are above the 6 foot mark and i feel as if its hard to get a full reverse gable grip on them when in hindu control, it may aso be due to the fact that im attemping it in the gi hahaha

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Flying kung fu is what I focus on when I’m rolling with beasts that outweigh me by 30-50 pounds. Practice on everyone so it’s polsihed and mastered when you really need it
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie