Thread: Breakfast/Lunch

Breakfast/Lunch

I know this comes up from time to time and there's tons of information on the web about what to eat to help cut weight. I'm eating more fruits for breakfast (bananas, apples) but i find myself starving again 30 minutes later. With two grapplers quest tournament coming in the beginning of 2011 i want to cut weight (15 pds) and keep it there.

So if anyone has any breakfast/lunch combos they use and feel it works well and keeps you full or semi full till your next meal please share!

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox
    I am cutting weight for the NAGA Worlds competition and I have cut almost 10 lbs. in a week. I recommend a cup of coffee with breakfast to keep your metabolism high and it also keeps you full longer. I have been drinking only Syntha-6 and protein shakes. But if you still have enough time you should bulk up. I was trying but not gaining enough and was at the bottom of my weight class. Trust your skills!

yea i want to try protein shakes as a meal replacement for lunch or even breakfast not sure what to get or try

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    egg whites+ spinach(omelette style) with cup of coffee

I'm currently having lunch. 4 hotdogs and french fries with some sweet tea. After that Ima eat two donut sticks with a glass of milk. Can't forget desert........ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Blankenship View Post
    I'm currently having lunch. 4 hotdogs and french fries with some sweet tea. After that Ima eat two donut sticks with a glass of milk. Can't forget desert........ever.
    I cherish those meals lol

Quote Originally Posted by DnnVasquezMaverick View Post
    egg whites+ spinach(omelette style) with cup of coffee
    That would be good, i usually do the eggwhites got to use the spinach

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    yeah , it helps a lil bit... to alternate i normally would do some plain oatmeal.... add some fruits.. possibly banana, or apple... fresh produce though

Array

School
    Roger Gracie Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by stopNgo1000 View Post
    I know this comes up from time to time and there's tons of information on the web about what to eat to help cut weight. I'm eating more fruits for breakfast (bananas, apples) but i find myself starving again 30 minutes later. With two grapplers quest tournament coming in the beginning of 2011 i want to cut weight (15 pds) and keep it there.

So if anyone has any breakfast/lunch combos they use and feel it works well and keeps you full or semi full till your next meal please share!

The key here is to have healthy foods which are filling. Do you like Porridge? It's a very healthy breakfast to have and you can put all sorts of fruit and nuts into it to add variety to the taste. It's also filling. Breakfast is also the most important meal of the day according to various research .Make sure you research what healthy snacks you can have if you have a craving. A banana is more filling then say an Apple or a Pear.

The key to keeping weight off is to make any change in diet PERMANENT. No point eating healthy if your going to stop and let the weight come back. Avoid sugery foods and snacks as they give you cravings for them and can also create a false feeling of hunger. I would research healthy and filling meals and snacks for you to eat.