Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by vdesire View Post
    #damagecontrol

I'm not buying it. What was described pretty much fits perfectly with the exact behaviour many of the Gracies have exhibited over the years such as demanding bizarre rules for their opponents, always some nonsense story and generally not being able to accept defeat.

They admit three Gracies turned up to the guys work to confront him and you expect us to believe Helio just had a fight with him whilst the other two stood and watched ? Aye ok then.

You can see the smirks on their faces near the end of the video and I guess the jump cut was so they could get a serious face back on.

Remember when Royler/Eddie match 2 was stopped and restarted and Royler tried to start on top, only when they put it on the screen did he go back on bottom. I wonder how that event would have been described by Gracies were it not on video ?

Remember the articles afterwards in jiu jitsu magazines trying to make it sound like Royler got the better of him ? Remember the Gracie breakdowns which of course had Royler on top as the thumbnail ?

Remember Royce smirking about kneeing Ken Shamrock in the groin in their third match ?
    Remember when Ralek Gracie conveniently had to have his shorts pulled up when Sakuraba locked in a double wrist lock on him ?
    Remember when Ralek Gracie didn't pay anyone for metamoris ?

I could go on but I'm not buying their damage control Gracies were perfectly honourable and bla la la version of events. Seems eerily similar to the stuff we have seen past few decades so why do you expect me to believe it was any different way back when.
    Remember the rules of Metamoris 3??? Eddie suggested that he wanted to wear Gi Pants - Royler was gonna wear shorts - but Royler could grab the pants, but Eddie couldn't grab the shorts..... Not to mention unless I am mistaken, the rules for that particular events were - If a submission is locked at the end of regulation - the match continues? Eddie had Royler in a Vaporizor at the end of Regulation time - so why did the match end?? Especially when it was Royler using his grips to save his ass...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep0zL4RuLhs
    carlsons or carlos line is more known for bjj competition

Proofs are not enough to believe it. Because media is not the proof. According to media RSD Julien is a harasser lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Earth
    The History Channel Maintains That Rufino Dos Santos Was A Known Bullshitter...He Also Said He Played Ted Danson In Cheers

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    #damagecontrol

I'm not buying it. What was described pretty much fits perfectly with the exact behaviour many of the Gracies have exhibited over the years such as demanding bizarre rules for their opponents, always some nonsense story and generally not being able to accept defeat.

They admit three Gracies turned up to the guys work to confront him and you expect us to believe Helio just had a fight with him whilst the other two stood and watched ? Aye ok then.

You can see the smirks on their faces near the end of the video and I guess the jump cut was so they could get a serious face back on.

Remember when Royler/Eddie match 2 was stopped and restarted and Royler tried to start on top, only when they put it on the screen did he go back on bottom. I wonder how that event would have been described by Gracies were it not on video ?

Remember the articles afterwards in jiu jitsu magazines trying to make it sound like Royler got the better of him ? Remember the Gracie breakdowns which of course had Royler on top as the thumbnail ?

Remember Royce smirking about kneeing Ken Shamrock in the groin in their third match ?
    Remember when Ralek Gracie conveniently had to have his shorts pulled up when Sakuraba locked in a double wrist lock on him ?
    Remember when Ralek Gracie didn't pay anyone for metamoris ?

I could go on but I'm not buying their damage control Gracies were perfectly honourable and bla la la version of events. Seems eerily similar to the stuff we have seen past few decades so why do you expect me to believe it was any different way back when.
    I can firmly dispute and disspell the idea that the Gracie’s don’t want people to know this story. Case in point; the other day I did a night class at Gracie Academy Beverly Hills, on the history timeline they have these exact details on the wall at the entrance, they tell this exact story and state how the Gracie brother’s relationship with the Brazilian president got them a pardon. At least from Helio’s side of the family, this unequivocally shuts down the idea that they ‘don’t want you to know this’. Not exactly something they’re hiding.

Be careful grouping every Gracie family member as one. I train with Rener and Ryron, they have only good and respectful things to say about my cross-training with Edgy. Additionally, they work very hard to cultivate and repair relationships that some of their family members have gone a long way to sour. I’ll tell you from the inside that they run a first class operation and work very, very hard to do right by their students. They’re on record ceasing a business relationship with Ralek. It’s all out there. Long story short, be wary of grouping every one of them together.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Who knows what or who to believe. All I know is 10P would not exist if it wasn’t for the Gracie’s
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    DMMA Dundee Scotland
    Rocket science may not be where it's at today without Wernher von Braun, he did much work in Nazi Germany before being moved to America after the war.

I think in this forum you get a balanced view on most stuff just like here as some people like the Gracies, some are indifferent/neutral and others dislike them.

There's no way I could be so patient and respectful to them the way Eddie is after the amount of hassle and garbage they talk about him though I'll say that much.

Array

School
    Journey Jiu Jitsu Madison
    Hadn't seen / heard this story. A good alternate perspective - thanks for sharing

Interesting short documentary/story. Not a surprise we don't hear much about this......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCai00QBEl4
    gracies are really full of themselves.. I train in a carlos or carlson? gracie school so in my school the instructors are a little bit more humble. It is carlos or carlsons line not helio and they are less cocky from what i heard.

Helio said rickson padded his record for example.

Anyways some gracies are cool others are dismissive of other styles of grappling like 10th planet.

Right now we have been working on the rubber guard in my gym (and a few other 10th planet techniques), very cool shit.

I dont even know why im rambling like this just to prove a point i guess. Some gracies lie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12