Array

School
    Ronin

Allow Myself to Introduce

Hello Nibiru,
    First time poster, long time creeper.
    My name is Phil and I’m new to 10p. I live in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada, and I’ve been training jits for 13 years now, since the night before my son was born.
    My first intro into the world of Jiu Jitsu was Eddie's book, Jiu Jitsu Unleashed! Dude, that book is so good! I started taking Jiu Jitsu lessons at the local Jiu Jitsu Club, right after I read it, but I only went on No-Gi nights. I’ve always been a bit of a misfit. 😊
    I’m an Environmentalist, and my job can get pretty hectic. I never know when, or where I am going to be working from one day to the next. As a family man, it’s hard for me to justify paying for a membership at some club when I’m away so sporadically, sometimes for weeks at a time. Plus, when I'm home my boys keep me so busy. They are for sure my priority, and we do everything together.
    So, me and some friends set up our own secret Jiu Jitsu club in my basement. We get together all the time for some jits, cold beers, and good times. We have a lot of laughs on and off the mat, and a real sense of camaraderie. To me, that is what Jiu Jitsu is all about, you know?
    I was online one night, watching some documentary with Nathan Orchard in Thailand. At the beginning of the film he was just sitting against the wall, all mellow, talking about some poem, and I’m looking behind him, and I see this chart with all these names on it. It’s like a flow chart, and the names are super cool… Stoner Control, Vaporizer, Electric Chair… it goes on and on. The movie continues, and the camera pans out and the flow chart is just so huge. I stopped watching it immediately (sorry Nate) and searched the internet for this flow chart, and these super cool names. I found MTS, and signed up right away! So much knowledge! I can’t believe how lucky I am. It was like I won the lottery. It really is everything I’ve been wanting to do for so long, and I love how there are clips of fun stuff thrown in there to mix things up.
    Like everything in life, when you first start it can seem overwhelming, but that's half the fun, right? I’m well on my way into learning the warm-ups, and last night I even tapped my buddy with a Japanese Necktie! (MTS lesson#1)
    I’m gonna keep plugging away at the warm-ups and MTS, and whenever I can, I will take a trip down to the 10p Moons in Peterborough or Montreal to hone my skills. I’ve found a fellow Ronin about 3 hours from my house in Sault Ste Marie, who I can get together with even more frequently.
    The best part is, I have saved up some money, and plan on spending a week this February with Geo in Oceanside, surfing, and taking in all the Jiu Jitsu I can.
    Life is great, and I'm happy to be on this journey. I’m looking forward to meeting as many of you as I can during my travels, and I'm equally looking forward to getting twistered, neck-cranked, leg-locked, stoner-controlled, electric-chaired, vaporizered, and anything/everything else by all of you!
    I want to say that I can’t wait to be fully immersed in the 10th Planet System, but I think I already am.
    Thank you for everything Eddie,
    Philly Bones

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Awesome story! Welcome to the family
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Philly, if you're in Sudbury and you're not training at Troop BJJ, you're doing yourself a great disservice. Monkey (Richie Nancoo) is a killer and he is familiar with a lot of the 10th planet system. He is good friends with my instructor Stew (10th Planet Peterborough) and one of the best black belts in the area. Amazing instructor.

I look forward to meeting you when you come to Peterborough!

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Lookin'
    Excellent background story, Philly.

Array

School
    Ronin
    i feel like I'm finally home

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    Philly, if you're in Sudbury and you're not training at Troop BJJ, you're doing yourself a great disservice. Monkey (Richie Nancoo) is a killer and he is familiar with a lot of the 10th planet system. He is good friends with my instructor Stew (10th Planet Peterborough) and one of the best black belts in the area. Amazing instructor.

I look forward to meeting you when you come to Peterborough!
    Thanks for the advice Kurzy!
    I've met Monkey once at a jiu jitsu event and he seemed really nice. I plan on training there sometimes too. I'm gonna reach to him and see what he thinks. I'm looking forward to meeting you too. See ya this winter!

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by JHouse View Post
    Excellent background story, Philly.
    Thank you JHouse, it felt kinda long winded when i wrote it, you know? but it felt great to hit send

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Awesome story! Welcome to the family
    That means so much to me, thank you Eddie.