Avoid cross choke and darce being at half guard.

I’m using half guard a lotn, but when I’m at dog fight and I kept my shoulder on the mat, looking for old school sweep or the electric chair, people with long arms can grab my lapel and attack the cross choke or even darces.
    Any advice to avoid them?.
    I think it’s the same problem I have to put the leg in my shoulder in electric chair... I mean... I think I’m trying to do it with people longer than me. But should be any option...
    Thanks.

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    The position of the underhook is the key....high and low are safer than midback ...if your shoulder hits the mat in the dog fight you are no longer in the dogfight....you either get to the dogfight or go to the sweep this is not a place to chill...

If you have a strong lockdown it will help you get to the dogfight or get the sweep....if your lockdown is wack he will be able to slice out an use the overhook to japanese neck tie or darce....

If they do go for the darce the underhook high can give you some space to survive but at that point tutle can nullify the choke

Array

School
    Sportschule Kaminari, future 10th Planet Düsseldorf
    Keeping the neck and spine straight when the opponent digs for the D'Arce is key. You can use the Mechanic Sweep if he uses the Wizzer.

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    What helps me is to keep squeezing the Double under hooks and pulling the opponent forward to that they have to base and don't have the balance to choke. Squeeze all the way through the sweep (ie boa) vs using the old school, would be my suggestion.

Hope it helps!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by zoram77 View Post
    I’m using half guard a lotn, but when I’m at dog fight and I kept my shoulder on the mat, looking for old school sweep or the electric chair, people with long arms can grab my lapel and attack the cross choke or even darces.
    Any advice to avoid them?.
    I think it’s the same problem I have to put the leg in my shoulder in electric chair... I mean... I think I’m trying to do it with people longer than me. But should be any option...
    Thanks.
    I asked Eddie about this recently. Guys like Boogie or Rener who have long arms it’s playing with fire trying to execute an underhook half guard game, better to look to dominate the overhook and transition to rubber guard. I am dealing extensively with this issue since I play the exact game you’re playing. You will deal with cauliflower issues playing this game if you haven’t already. Something I’m dealing with. Though I’m getting much better results keeping my bottom ear pinned to my shoulder. Watching Eddie roll is great, he’s super comfortable there. Also since you’re CheckMat as well study Lucas Leite, I can’t do anything to him when I’m on top. His head is shielded the whole time. He stresses blocking the punch as your #1 priority for being safe from neck wraps. That should be your #1 thought, even if you’re not playing punches. That reflex will create the frames you need to stay safe. Changing that perspective can pay dividends.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Long armed Darce masters can fuck up half guard players if you’re not super careful. Z-Shoot-Pull from E3 is huge. Sometimes you gotta dive into those double underhooks lightning fast and tighten them up before they can set up the Darce. Once you got perfect double underhooks you are safe
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie