Array

School
    10th Planet London

Feedback for my Electric Chair

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoMuBrvF...on_share_sheet

Don't know how to embed instagram videos here on the forum but I was hoping I could have some feedback on one of my matches I had at a quintet format tournament for white belts here in the UK.

I didn't do myself any favours with the guardpull...tbh I looking back at it now I still don't know what I was trying to do here...possibly black mamba?..who knows..I go straight over to my opponent at the end because his knee popped as i was applying the submission...so if it looks like the match continues - it doesn't

....feedback would be appreciated - especially if you can highlight the things I did bad so that I can improve.

Thanks!
    Instagram:@xUltraNova_

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    ...Your EC looks solid...

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    What stands out immediately is that even as he’s looking to grab your head as he’s passing, you had a clubbing butterfly sweep staring you in the face. Straight off the warmups. That’s a good one to review. Block his head, block his arm, hook his thigh, make him fly. Anytime someone posts one leg up and one leg down, that’s available. They do a horse stance to counter, x-guard.

You recovered your guard well with that inversion and had a good reflex to get to electric chair asap. He had your neck wrapped but you seemed to mostly be in the position. Right there tho don’t neglect being earlier to the punch with your whipdown to get him to post out. Bump, slide, whip, c-cup the far post. Review MTS and that last sentence will make sense. Electric chair in 4 steps.

Array

School
    10th Planet London
    Quote Originally Posted by Arman Fathi View Post
    What stands out immediately is that even as he’s looking to grab your head as he’s passing, you had a clubbing butterfly sweep staring you in the face. Straight off the warmups. That’s a good one to review. Block his head, block his arm, hook his thigh, make him fly. Anytime someone posts one leg up and one leg down, that’s available. They do a horse stance to counter, x-guard.

You recovered your guard well with that inversion and had a good reflex to get to electric chair asap. He had your neck wrapped but you seemed to mostly be in the position. Right there tho don’t neglect being earlier to the punch with your whipdown to get him to post out. Bump, slide, whip, c-cup the far post. Review MTS and that last sentence will make sense. Electric chair in 4 steps.
    Perfect bro. This is exactly the sort of feedback i need. Firstly, re the Bump, slide and Whip - I know exactly what you're talking about - in the heat of competition I guess I fell into bad habits and probably would have struggled getting the leg onto the shoulder against someone who was more familiar with it.

Re the buttlefly sweep, I didn't even see the possibility until you mentioned it - but in all honesty, I'm going to have to review what you're talking about because I've watched the butterfly warm ups and can't quite figure out which one you're talking about.

Thanks for the compliments, thanks even more for the critique!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Yes, look into the clubbing butterfly sweep. Your EC looks solid, wear ankle sleeves for even more lockdown power, get them Hayabusa ones that cover most of your instep.
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet London
    Thank you Mr Brahhhh that's a huge compliment. In all honesty, I got obsessed with this move after watching your match with datch porra Royler at MetchaMorhis Dois

LOL jokes aside, thank you for the compliment and thanks for the advice. I'll have a look at them <3