What is a 10th Planet Blue Belt?

Hi guys,

I love the 10th Planet system and have been training at a moon on average 15hrs per week for the last 18 months. I have really enjoyed learning the introductory elements of the system and have loved competing under the 10th planet banner.

I have friends who have began training at GB schools and levelled up to blue training 3 times per week for 12 months and it has left me a little confused. I understand GB has a set syllabus per belts and was wondering if it is the same for 10th planet?

I have heard Eddie say in a video (albeit an old one) that he could award a blue belt if you're just dedicated, technical whiz but weak, or a ferocious guy who's lacking technique. Basically that blue is just a first step and then by purple you need to get the rest of your shit together. Obviously a lot has changed since that video, and I know now that the warm ups are a huge part of the system.

I guess my real question is, is what makes a 10p blue belt? is it mastery of the warmups, performance in comps or dedication to the system?