Negativity leads to more negativity

For those who haven't seen UFC 229 yet: SPOILER ALERT!

Tony was amazing, as always, congrats brother! The forward pressure, being on the offensive the whole time, switching stances, throwing those "jump from the fence"-punches (I believe they are hooks), really great stuff. I'll talk about this a little bit more in the other thread.

Anyway, the main reason I made this thread here is to talk about what we can learn from some of the stuff that has happened at UFC 229.

We know the whole story between Khabib and Conor, but I'll summarize it for you in more clear terms: revenge after revenge after revenge after revenge. The old damn story... one "did something" to the other, then the other wants to "return the favor", and the whole shit repeats itself again and again, until one or both end up in jail and/or one or both end up dead.
    Sure, we could say that Artem "started" it all, but honestly, does it really matter who started it? ALL the people involved have been disrespectful to each other, spread negativity left and right, and went way beyond regular trash-talk (which I don't like either, in general, because it's so unnecessary, but still...). Conor's anger issues have been arguably worse, injuring others in the bus, but Khabib should've been a better person himself. Preaching is not enough, you have to act out what you preach my friend! Shit like this is not what martial arts are about. Martial arts are about peace, about avoiding violence, about helping each other, etc.
    Very disappointing behavior!

On the other side we had Tony's fight against Anthony. Both the fight and how they treated each other was pretty much the opposite. They had fun during the fight, but also treated each other with respect, before and after the fight. That's how it should be. Congrats Tony, you've grown again, both as a fighter and a man!

Array

School
    breathmindphysineurology-awareness
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9-67cVE9n4

Dana's all talking like Khabib's teammate will be forever barred from UFC - if that's the case, Dillon Dennis should be there right with him. Connor landed a punch from the top of the cage on Khabib's cousin before Khabib's teammates jumped in the ring and punched Connor, its not like they went after him for no reason. Connor was an arm's length from having jumped out of the cage also, ffs.

I think its great that Tony is helping lead a charge to clean up garbage like this, but I think Dana et al should just chill the fk out and make an official statement that shit happens, from this point forward we will not tolerate things like what happened here, both at the press events as well as the main event.

Far as I'm concerned we have McGregor to thank for all of this, "shit talking" doesnt belong in a professional setting, especially when its carried as far as he did, and there's no way anyone should consider him a victim in any of this.

Quote Originally Posted by maxmarkov View Post
    For those who haven't seen UFC 229 yet: SPOILER ALERT!

Tony was amazing, as always, congrats brother! The forward pressure, being on the offensive the whole time, switching stances, throwing those "jump from the fence"-punches (I believe they are hooks), really great stuff. I'll talk about this a little bit more in the other thread.

Anyway, the main reason I made this thread here is to talk about what we can learn from some of the stuff that has happened at UFC 229.

We know the whole story between Khabib and Conor, but I'll summarize it for you in more clear terms: revenge after revenge after revenge after revenge. The old damn story... one "did something" to the other, then the other wants to "return the favor", and the whole shit repeats itself again and again, until one or both end up in jail and/or one or both end up dead.
    Sure, we could say that Artem "started" it all, but honestly, does it really matter who started it? ALL the people involved have been disrespectful to each other, spread negativity left and right, and went way beyond regular trash-talk (which I don't like either, in general, because it's so unnecessary, but still...). Conor's anger issues have been arguably worse, injuring others in the bus, but Khabib should've been a better person himself. Preaching is not enough, you have to act out what you preach my friend! Shit like this is not what martial arts are about. Martial arts are about peace, about avoiding violence, about helping each other, etc.
    Very disappointing behavior!

On the other side we had Tony's fight against Anthony. Both the fight and how they treated each other was pretty much the opposite. They had fun during the fight, but also treated each other with respect, before and after the fight. That's how it should be. Congrats Tony, you've grown again, both as a fighter and a man!
    Very good post I wish someone would show this post to dana.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    That’s what happens when the trash talking is at such a high level and deep ass personal shit gets thrown in, I’m not surprised
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    breathmindphysineurology-awareness
    yeah, that's why I think dana should man up and take responsibility for it, give an amnesty for enabling the whole thing.

dollar signs are the only reason mcgregor wasnt disciplined - now that dana's pockets have had another stuffing, now's a good time to give everyone a clean slate and lay down law.

if the nevada commission wants to suspend anyone, fk 'em, dont compete there while suspended in nevada.