How to escape full mount? (Newbie here)

Hello!

Newbie here - what techniques in 10th planet do we use for full mount escape? Super new jiu jitsu practitioner here :-)

Thanks in advance!

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    Hey Chad!

Which escapes have you learned so far? Where do you train?

Besides shrimping and bridging, escape from alcatraz and the B smith are my favorites. I suggest looking at some jiu jitsu books, 10th planet and otherwise, to get some basic concepts as well as master the 10th planet warm ups (have lots of mount escapes). The new app is great.

Best,

Mario

Thank you Mario!

I'm a farmer in the Philippines (SE Asia). Unfortunately, there are no 10P centers here. Not even sure if any other citizen here has heard of 10P lol

I know some basic Gracie trap and roll stuff. I was wondering if there were any 10P specific (innovative) moves. I will search the escape from alcatraz and the B smith. Thank you again, Mario!

Array

School
    Steel City MMA
    Hey, there!

There are a lot of really effective mount escapes, so I'll organize my thoughts in terms of earliest (preventative) to latest (most desperate).

1. Preventing your opponent from mounting (from side control this can usually be accomplished by keeping your inside knee wedged way up between you, or leaning on the door to take that space as soon as they move).

2. Preventing your opponent from stabilizing the mount (Reverse Alcatraz is a good example, where the mounted position never truly exists for more than a splite second. If you're familar with Gracie Combatives, they teach an elbow escape on the leg which is stationary during a mount transition, so that, again, mount never truly takes place).

3. Preventing your opponent from progressing North or attacking your neck (Immediately using the George Foreman frames to keep their hips South and in range of elbow escapes or Escape From Alcatraz. This is where the bulk of my mount escapes happen, and they're almost always a) elbow escapes b) escape from alcatraz c) quarter guard recovery via heel drag d) "Suprise Trap and Roll" off of a failed elbow escape).

4. Desperation time (Some people are incredible at the Hail Mary escape, but I am not one of them. At this point, when your opponent is way North on you, your elbows are up, your arms are dead to rights, this is the time that I hit the Hail Mary straight in to leg locks. If that's failing, the next best thing is to try to wiggle North and re-establish safe arm positioning ).

Good luck, sir.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    There are 4 mount escapes in the warm ups
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    Quote Originally Posted by chadturingan View Post
    Thank you Mario!

I'm a farmer in the Philippines (SE Asia). Unfortunately, there are no 10P centers here. Not even sure if any other citizen here has heard of 10P lol

I know some basic Gracie trap and roll stuff. I was wondering if there were any 10P specific (innovative) moves. I will search the escape from alcatraz and the B smith. Thank you again, Mario!
    My pleasure! If you can, get over to Bali one day to train with Nico Han. Great jiu jitsu instructor. He used to train with Eddie Bravo and Jean Jaques Machado back in the day.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ventura
    Hi Chad,

This technique works best if you have good/great hip flexibility but it's my bread and butter mount escape. It's worked so often that many people prefer not to mount me (which is sad, because I want them to mount me). https://www.instagram.com/p/BI3JVZBA...on_share_sheet

Enjoy.