Array

School
    Nova BJJ Academy

Submissions as a white belt

At what point do you think it's okay to start shooting subs as a white belt I keep seeing more and more openings where I probably have a decent chance to maaaaaybe get it
    I don't wanna use joint locks of any kind yet I don't wanna be too rough and hurt anyone because I am relatively new I'm just talking basic chokes and whatnot where as long as I'm careful I can't reaaaaaally hurt someone
    Idk if it matters but I train GI and no GI (gi slightly more )

Just in your own opinion
    Or is it a d*** move all together

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ
    If the fruit is there, pick it. Take it slow if you worry about hurting someone. Or catch and release.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jacksonville
    Recently, someone had me in sidecontrol and I managed to I get a "crank" around his neck that I used to escape the position. Once out felt I could squeeze/pull on the crank and maybe get a tap. I gave it a couple tries, but I knew the move wasn't a technique, so I basically let it go.

I don't see the point in practicing something that isn't a technique.

Array

School
    Nova BJJ Academy
    Luckily I'm in a gym with a lot of understanding upper belts who don't mind helping you drill Specific things during open mat when we're just relaxing stretching and generally besides the purples and up the lower belts roll a bit softer so i had a really good blue belt just run me through proper more safe technique on the basics
    Rnc
    Triangles
    And despite my original post
    Armbars
    But I am SUPER easy with them like once I free the arm I don't jerk or anything and if they try ripping out the hold I just let it go roll back and reset , it's not worth it just for a tap on somebody who is probably going super easy on me

But yeah me and him started rolling not full blast but not super light he let me work in some of the stuff he just showed me and then skip two hours later after all levels we do free rolling and I'm getting really good with my arm drags and I locked like two Rnc's today and nobody was hurt everyone is still friends and life was great
    I worry about things too much

P.s. I fail miserably with triangles but to be fair it was my first time really trying one outside of drilling and I did sinch it but if they pick you up above a certain level we have an agreement to let it go and yeah I just gotta find ways to prevent them stacking
    I don't wanna sound like all cocky and stuff trust me I SUCK and I know it but I thought my set up was pretty sneaky I wear a tenth planet rashguard so when my leg rode up I grabbed it to like feint a rubber guard because their expecting me to pull something like that and then I used the moment to get my other leg in position and if I can get that arm over more and keep their head down I might just get it next time
    Or maybe a hundred times from now

But one day
    I will

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    No need to hold off, start subbing people ASAP just be careful. My advice to you is to get obsessed with rubber guard now, most all RG masters started early
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie