Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Absolute MMA Shanghai

EZE - Electric Chair from Z Guard - Lockdown 101

EZE
    Electric Chair from Z Guard

Hey guys,

So I have been playing a lot of Z guard lately, Learning and studying Craig's DVDs.

On occasion I would use the Zelda if I couldnt get my other entries going.

I realized that after you dig your arm into the far leg, its not that hard to get the second underhook on the near side and do a kind of Zelda type motion straight into Electric Chair.

Ive been hitting this in the gym a lot.

Let me know what you guys think

Comments, Questions, Criticism
    All welcome

Thanks

Tyler

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Nice series you have going. This is not really a criticism because I have not evaluated your entire game...just a statement or suggestion. You would probably benefit from a recounter when your opponent attempts to pummel an underhook with your pimp arm if you do not have one already.
    Last edited by Jon Watkins; 10-21-2018 at 11:47 AM.

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ
    Nice. Thank you

Array

School
    Absolute MMA Shanghai
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Watkins View Post
    Nice series you have going. This is not really a criticism because I have not evaluated your entire game...just a statement or suggestion. You would probably benefit from a recounter when your opponent attempts to pummel an underhook with your pimp arm if you do not have one already.
    I try man, but its really tough. The coach over here always fucks up my lockdown like that... although last time I used the LD > RG trasition and very very nearly tapped him with a Gogo Clinch. He face was turning purple... but they guys over here always talk shit about 10p not working. Double unders and kicks out to pass.
    Any suggestions on what to do when they get double unders on you?

I was reading through AVD RG on the weekend and I think he said to use the stomp series. Anyone have success with that?

Thanks

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Casselman View Post
    I try man, but its really tough. The coach over here always fucks up my lockdown like that... although last time I used the LD > RG trasition and very very nearly tapped him with a Gogo Clinch. He face was turning purple... but they guys over here always talk shit about 10p not working. Double unders and kicks out to pass.

I was reading through AVD RG on the weekend and I think he said to use the stomp series. Anyone have success with that?

Thanks
    If the double underhooks are in deep, your lockdown is kind of fucked as far as I can tell but I am always looking for new answers so that could change. If you can feel them going for the underhook on your pimp arm side early though, remove the posted hand from the hip and monkey or serpent grip his bicep close to the elbow and try to close his elbow into his hip by extending your arm passed a 120 degree angle. From here, you might be able to hip out into the pyramid and New Jersey and actually if you are hipping out while you are pushing the elbow to the hip, it will be more effective. The stomp series is also amazing. It is a big reason why I still play lockdown as much as I do. I would recommend obsessing over all of the stomps until they are close to the proficiency level of your lockdown game. Eddie said he doesn't mess with the New Stomp anymore when I asked him on here, but I have had some success with it.
    Last edited by Jon Watkins; 10-22-2018 at 04:42 AM.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Also, this variation of the Super Stomp at 5:18 is highly effective.

Array

School
    Absolute MMA Shanghai
    Thanks man, great resources.
    I'll check them out

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    right on

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Excellent lockdown options and transitions
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Casselman View Post

Thanks
    Oh my! Looks like Eddie has a whip down option against double underhooks on the newest MTS. See COP Clinch, COP sweep. My memories of the Whip Down were basically fighting head and arm. I am not sure when 10th Planet and Eddie added it in to countering double unders but I am looking forward to trying it out.
    Last edited by Jon Watkins; 10-27-2018 at 05:46 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast