Array

School
    Gracie Barra Jacksonville

heavy bag or cardio bag?

Hey guys, not entirely sure what a cardio bag is for besides the obvious.

but in the long run of power and hitting. whats the best bang for the buck in training.

standard heavy bag, or everlast cardio bag?

never seen a cardio bag, but youtubed it and it has an air bladder bag connected to a base with a huge spring rod. seems to be alot of recoil.

thoughts?

Array

School
    Anywhere.
    Heavy bag, makes you stronger, faster and works your cardio of course.

Array

School
    friend at my BJJ school was sayin something about getting them off the hook and weight training with them. assuming, layin the bag out on the ground, picking it up. walking so many feet put it down then repeat.

would this be correct? also would it depend on the bag canvas/ durability?

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    if you have somewhere to hang the heavy bag where you can rotate a full 360 degrees around it then yeah get a heavy bag but if you're thinking about a heavy bag on a stand then no the cardio bag would be a more desirable option as you could just put it in the center of the room and then put it away when you're done training.

Array

School
    more than likely the heavy bag will be on the stand, the only thing i can see bad about the cardio bag has alot of recoil on it,and with an air bladder im unsure of how durable it may be to heavy hits.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    I have a double-end bag at home that I use to keep up on my hands and movement. I wanted something at home but I really didn't have the space for a heavy bag and a heavy bag doesn't require you to move the way a double-end bag does. A heavy bag always loses but a double-end bag can win a round on points. Plus, a double-end bag responds to whatever intensity you put into it. If you want a hard workout it will respond in kind; if you're just pawing at it a little then it's not going to hit you in the face. Just my half nickel...

Array

School
    home
    heavy bag