How was class today
    Learn anything cool
    What's working for you best personally

Literally anything so
    OPEN THREAD !!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Darlington
    Hey man. Sorry to hear about your rib. I feel your pain. I badly cracked mine 2 years ago and then around 3 weeks ago, someone put a knee on belly on me and there was a slight cracking feeling. Luckily it's not too bad...it only hurts when pressure is applied to the area. Fortunately I have a couple of guys at the gym who I really trust and we've still been practicing things super light. It's been ok as I've been still having a change to play with some new techniques. I'm new to the system so I've mainly been working on learning the warmups and practicing everything off the last few MTS videos.
    How bad is your rib? And what's your expected recovery time? Get well soon man.

Array

School
    Nova BJJ Academy
    It's not as bad as I thought it was at first , I was having a meltdown on my way to the hospital because honestly I'm more stressed about not being able to train than any bodily damage ,but it's not like a full break luckily it's just like this little fracture line that could cause one if I don't Lay off it and a lot of bruising which is making it horribly painful to talk or laugh or breathe too heavy they said I could be up pretty soon like maybe under a month if I really take it easy on myself and I'm praying because , I don't do much else besides Jui jitsu
    I sit at home monitoring a website selling custom bike motors and smoke a shit ton of weed , I opened up like all my time to dedicate to just training to get to a level where I can compete , it's all I want to do with my life , I'm fresh out highschool I'm making a healthy income and because it's e-commerce I have tons of free time so I'm in a perfect position to dedicate 100% to what I'm doing on the mats

So I'm not letting this stop me I'll be up soon : )

I love Jui jitsu more than anything I'm still in the early getting smashed daily stage but I'm so proud of my progress

I'm not tapping people left and right and just ragdolling people
    Far from it
    But I've found at least one position I can hold maintain and work from which for me is that half gaurd lockdown and I'm building my game on that foundation
    Basically for me what I've learned , half guard is my guard I'd rather be there and I'm working on really creative attacks from there
    Haven't got much to work in full force free rolling I just started really trying to go for subs at all I spent my first however many months just focused on position now I'm working with attacks
    And I'm gonna get some of this cool stuff working : D
    I use open mats as a chance to just try to tweak and modify different things to work for me and my game

For me that's what it's all about : )

Array

School
    10th Planet Jacksonville
    I feel you, man. About 5 months ago, I decided to fight through the pain of a strong body triangle. My opponent had my back and was trying to finish with a RNC. His choke wasn't secured so, I was trying to turn my body to face him, and I felt this abdominal pain that felt very much like a break. I've broken a rib before, so I know how it feels.

Went to the hospital, and got x rays to find out that it wasn't broken....just SUPER bruised, but that was cool because it meant just a few weeks down instead of a few months. During the time between the pain and the x ray, I was freaking out that I would be one the shelf for a while with Jiujitsu.

It ultimately taught me to respect body triangles as much as I do a choke.