Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ

Check Mate Submission Only 8 Results (Purple Belts and Up) 165 and under

Hey all. Promoted, ran, helped ref, and competed in my own event this past weekend at Check Material submission Only 8.
    Our 9th event. Had a blast, and did well.

I compete at 145-155, but this bracket was combined with 145/155/165. We had 3 blues, 4 purples, and a brown belt in my bracket.

I went 5-1-2 on the night to take home Gold and $200.
    Wins were via Marcelotine, Dead Orchard Armbar, Modified Baseball Bat choke and a forfeit in regulation.
    Arm Crush in the finals OT.

This is a true round robin bracket.

All comments and technique advice is always appreciated. I am a 2 year purple belt under Josh Passini in Chicago but I run my own academy in Houghton, MI so I don’t have the ability to get much coaching and corrections. All technical advice is always very appreciated.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    Match 1 vs Teammate and 10p Chicago Purple Belt (belted through Burbank?)

Win via Baseball Bat choke w Tomahawk Grip.

Teammates always face each other in the first round, so we had to kick off the bracket vs one another. Was a bit bittersweet, but sometimes you have to put that aside until the match is over.
    Last edited by stan myaskovskiy; 10-29-2018 at 10:05 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    Match 2 vs Team Curran Purple Belt
    I threw everything but the kitchen sink this match at my opponent. He wasn’t having it. However, this is the most relaxed and technical I’ve felt with my transitional game in comp, and I was able to showcase a lot of that in this match.

The entire training camp was based around relaxing and improving in my transitions, as well as not forcing technique. I needed to exhibit a bit more patience at times, and it was a valuable lesson especially at the higher levels.

Much respect to my opponent who really played a strong defense and didn’t give up any finishes.
    Spiderweb, didnt hook the leg 2x. Not a mistake i make in the practice room, but ill need make sure that in competition I focus even more on trapping the legs.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    Match 3: Draw vs Wrestler and TDC MMA Blue Belt

Tough match vs a strong wrestler. We needed up meeting in the finals and I had a lot of takeaways from this first time we met that allowed me to adjust my strategy to get a victory when it mattered the most. Very strong and heavy pressure.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ

CMSO8 Match 4
    Loss via Heel Hook vs 10p Lombard Blue Belt

I felt good in this match. Got tripped in 50/50 and didn’t react properly. It happens. My opponent took advantage of the mistake, and finished a heel hook. You live by the sword, you die by the sword. Hats off and nobody I’d rather lose to than another 10p competitor.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ

CMSO8 Match #5 vs Purple Belt (Champion Jiu Jitsu/Team Asu)

Purple Belt+ Bracket (165 and under)

Win via Marcelotine
    This is my highest percentage finishing techniques.
    Short quick win. Had a great time being friendly in the match. We both had each other laughing with my opponent and nothing but respect.
    Last edited by stan myaskovskiy; 10-29-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    CMSO8 Match #6 vs Team Curran Brown Belt
    Purple Belt+ Bracket (165 and under)

Win via Armbar from Dead Orchard

The ref told me I had to sub my last match or I miss the finals. No pressure, right?

Went out and did my best, catching a dead orchard triangle to an armbar halfway into regulation. I was headed to the finals! Phew!

Solid match with a really good human being. Thankful for the opportunity to compete with high level students of the game. ✊

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    Win via Arm Crush in Finals

Tough match. This was a rematch. I focused on not getting my guard passed or allowing any smash passes to get completed. Tried to elevate to the legs. But mostly stay relaxed and make the bigger man between us use more energy. This strategy really helped when we headed to overtime. I felt fresh and ready to explode out. 10 sec escape. And Arm Crush in 3 seconds of round two. Really have to thank my coach Josh Passini for telling me to go spiderweb in the OT.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    Finals Match OT

Array

School
    Katharo Littleton
    Great job! Always love watching comp footage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast