Array

School
    American Top Team NY

What to do after leg locks......

Mk so ive been reading around about leglocks and their dangers etc. I myself sometimes abuse leglocks since im a teen and have to go against much larger opponents, i find myself catching guys from half guard transitions etc. I was never aware of the severity of the heelhook so what i am diceiding to do is when i get the heel hook hold it for about 5 seconds NOT cranking on it, and then transitioning to a better position. However im not sure about were i should go, any advice????

Array

School
    Rōnin
    hip bump sweep

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by zoraiz View Post
    Mk so ive been reading around about leglocks and their dangers etc. I myself sometimes abuse leglocks since im a teen and have to go against much larger opponents, i find myself catching guys from half guard transitions etc. I was never aware of the severity of the heelhook so what i am diceiding to do is when i get the heel hook hold it for about 5 seconds NOT cranking on it, and then transitioning to a better position. However im not sure about were i should go, any advice????
    All depends on what positions of control your attmepting leg locks from.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    American Top Team NY
    mainly when i end up in 50/50 and actually get the heel hook secure

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I usually let them roll away to escape so that I can get acclimated to the scramble.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by zoraiz View Post
    mainly when i end up in 50/50 and actually get the heel hook secure
    If they spin out of a heel hook whether standard or inverted from 50/50 or the inside controls (knots, wedges, etc), you can transition to the calf crush/knee compression and to the back as well. The link doesn't show the transitions from those postions but you can see the end results (the finsihing postions) of the those transitions here:

http://www.10thplanetjj.com/threads/...aper+pictorial

The difference between the transitions from 50/50 or from the inside controls will be what side of your hips you are on and whether your triangle is locked on the inside or outside.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

From the 50/50 I like to put them back on their back again, pass my leg over them, put pressure on them an pass to sidemount.