Array

School
    Fusion Fight and Fitness

Newbie Question about Rubber Guard position

Last night I found myself in new york but with my free leg trapped in like a squished butterfly and my opponent was working to pass. I was unsure whether or not to release my guard and start working lockdown or keep working to free that leg. He had a lot of pressure on the leg so i couldnt elevate to make space.

What options do I have from this spot that I could drill?

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    This is called New Jersey. Meathook is a great option from here. If you have to go lockdown, looking for super stomp to cocoon is also a nice route back to control as well.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    Fusion Fight and Fitness
    Found it in MTS 59. Exactly what I was looking for, thank you. Having these resources available is so good for people who cant train at a 10p school.

PS. Big fan of yours and all the guys at 10pfreaks

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    In Jersey you must not lose the battle of the knee, if you do, abandon and go into lockdown or 1/4 and make sure you swing your arm all the way around from an over hook that is already in place to an underhook. But before abandoning RG, try to clear the neck. It’s a race to clear the neck when in jersey. You must clear the neck before you lose the battle of the knee. Fighting for the triangle from meat hook like Ben eddy said is also a great option since that battle is all about winning the battle of the knee
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ
    Early on in my RG development I would hang on to mission control for far too long, still holding it when my opponent had already passed to side control, lol. At my academy, we have a lot of big pressure passers who took great pleasure in shutting down my RG that way. So now If I can’t get a fire and flip quickly, I go to meathook and transition to a triangle ASAP. That knee battle is critical.

Also, from New Jersey, you can go to the Carni or the oprah.